Apple Pay has become popular among people with Apple devices because it makes payments seamless across platforms.
If you’re someone with an Apple device and a Grubhub account, and you’re wondering if you can use it to make payments on the service, read on for more facts!
Does Grubhub Take Apple Pay In 2022?
Grubhub takes Apple Pay following an update that was released in 2016. You can add Apple Pay to the payment options you use on Grubhub as you would to any other third-party service. You can use Apple Pay on Grubhub on any Apple device that supports it, including iPhones, iPads, and Macbooks in 2022.
Read on to learn all you need to know about using Apple Pay on Grubhub, including how to add it, how to use it, and more!
How to Add Apple Pay to Grubhub
To add Apple Pay to Grubhub, follow these steps:
- Open the Grubhub app or website and ensure you’re signed in to your account
- Browse through the restaurants in your area and add items to your bag as usual
- Go to checkout when you’re ready to order
- Review your order and add any instructions you have for the restaurant regarding your purchase
- Scroll down and find the payment options
- Click on it and look for Apple Pay
- Select it and follow the prompts to set it up
- Complete your order and wait for delivery
Unlike most other electronic payment options available on Grubhub, you will need to verify payment on every order when using Apple Pay, such as scanning your face or fingerprint.
If you haven’t set up Face ID or Touch ID, then you will have to verify your identity using your passcode.
How Do I Pay With Apple Pay on Grubhub?
To pay with Apple Pay on Grubhub, you will first need the following:
- An Apple device like an iPad, iPhone, or MacBook
- Apple Pay must be set up on the device you’re using or a different Apple device that’s signed in with the same Apple ID
- If you’re using a different Apple device where you haven’t set up Apple Pay, have the second device nearby and ready so you can authorize the purchase before the request expires
Follow these steps to use Apple Pay on Grubhub:
- Use an Apple device to browse through Grubhub, either the app or the website when logged in
- Add items to your bag as usual
- When you’re done, proceed to checkout
- Go through your order and add delivery instructions if you want to
- Below the delivery instructions section is the payment section. Click on this and select Apple Pay
- If you’ve already set Apple Pay up and authorized Grubhub on the device you’re using, it should go through. Otherwise, you’ll get a prompt for permission on a device that already has access
- Verify your identity using Face ID or Touch ID to complete the process
When you’re using Apple Pay on the device for the first time, authorization is easy if you have a nearby device where it’s already set up and you’re signed in to the same Apple ID.
Apple devices are linked using an Apple ID, meaning you can carry over functions across platforms as long as they’re signed in to the same account.
So, for example, if you’re using a Macbook to place an order and choose Apple Pay but haven’t set it up, you could authorize the transaction from an Apple Watch as long as it’s signed in with the same Apple ID.
What Payment Methods Does Grubhub Accept?
Aside from Apple Pay, Grubhub also accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Electronic gift cards
- Android Pay
Unlike Apple Pay, you can only use Venmo and Paypal to place orders on Grubhub when you’re on the mobile app.
If you’re using Apple Pay on Grubhub, you have the flexibility to order from the app or website, but you will need to authorize payments each time using a passcode, Touch ID, or Face ID.
Grubhub takes Apple Pay if you’re on an Apple device like an iPhone, Macbook, or iPad. You can use this form of payment on the website or app by adding it at checkout. Apple Pay needs you to verify your identity when making purchases using methods such as Face ID or Touch ID.
If you’re on an Apple device where you haven’t set up Apple Pay, you can still order from Grubhub and verify payment from a nearby Apple device signed in with the same Apple ID. Grubhub also takes cash, credit, debit, gift cards, Paypal, Venmo, and Android Pay.