Venmo has become one of the most popular payment services in the country because of its different features that make not having physical cash less of an inconvenience.
Grubhub, on the other hand, has made food delivery more convenient by increasing the restaurant options available to customers. If you’re wondering whether you can use the two together, i.e. pay on Grubhub using Venmo, read on!
Does Grubhub Take Venmo In 2023?
Grubhub takes Venmo, but it’s only available when you order through the app in 2023. You can also use Venmo on Grubhub to split payments between yourself and other people following a partnership between the two companies. To use Venmo on Grubhub effectively, you will need to have both apps installed and logged in on your phone.
Continue reading this article to learn all you need to know about using Venmo on Grubhub, including how to do it, additional features when using it, and more!
How Do I Add Venmo to Grubhub?
To add Venmo to your Grubhub, you will need to have both apps installed on your phone so you can authorize access.
Follow this process to add it to your payment options:
- Download and install both Venmo and Grubhub to your phone if you haven’t already and log in to both of them
- Browse through the restaurants on Grubhub and add items on the menus to your bag as usual
- Go to checkout when you’re ready to place your order
- Review your order and add delivery instructions if you want to
- Scroll to the payment options and select Venmo
- Wait for the Venmo app to pop up and ask if you want to give Grubhub permission to charge your account
- Click on “Authorize” to add Venmo to your list of payment options
When you do this, you give Grubhub permission to charge your Venmo account in the future when you select it during checkout so you don’t have to set it up again.
You can use Venmo to pay from your account balance within the service, a linked debit card, or another bank account.
Because you will need to issue authorization from the app when setting it up and you’ll need to be logged in, you can only use Venmo on Grubhub when on the app.
How to Pay With Venmo on Grubhub
To pay with Venmo on Grubhub, follow these steps:
- Use the procedure above to add Venmo to your payment options in Grubhub in the app
- While still on the app, browse through restaurants in your area, either by adding your address and going through the list or via searching by cuisine, restaurant name, etc.
- Add items to your bag as usual, and proceed to checkout when you’re ready to order
- Go through the order to ensure everything looks good and add delivery instructions for the restaurant
- Scroll down to the payment options and select Venmo
- Complete checkout as usual
Since you already authorized Grubhub to take payments out of your Venmo account, you wouldn’t need to do it again.
Can I Split Payment on Grubhub?
You can split payments on Grubhub using Venmo because the two companies have partnered to provide features that aren’t available with other payment methods on the app.
To split a payment on Grubhub, you will need to select Venmo at checkout to complete the order as usual.
After this, open up the Venmo app, navigate to your latest transactions, and find the Grubhub payment, then click on “Split” to complete.
Venmo will then send requests to the people you’re splitting the bill with and they have to accept the request for it to work.
This feature was added to make it easy to break up payments during group gatherings such as pizza parties.
What Payment Methods Does Grubhub Accept?
Aside from Venmo, Grubhub also accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Electronic gift cards
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
Cash payments aren’t common on Grubhub because most restaurants choose to avoid them due to their being harder to work with than electronic payment methods.
Like Venmo, Paypal is only available as a payment method on Grubhub if you’re using the app to place your order.
Grubhub accepts Venmo but only when you’re ordering via the app. You would also need to have both the Grubhub and Venmo apps installed and both your accounts logged in to use the payment method.
This is because you will be asked to authorize Grubhub via the Venmo app when setting it up for the first time. To use Venmo on Grubhub after authorizing it, you would shop for items as usual, then select Venmo at checkout.