With the ability to deliver from several restaurants straight to your door, Grubhub promises convenience to its customers.
One convenience is that all the restaurants on the platform can choose how to receive payments. So, if you’re wondering whether cash is one of the payment methods available, read on to see what we found!
Does Grubhub Take Cash In 2022?
Grubhub takes cash, but this option is not commonly available in 2022. This is because cash is harder to work with than electronic forms of payment so most restaurants don’t bother with it. There is no way to know whether or not a restaurant on Grubhub accepts cash until you get to the checkout, so you’ll need to look around yourself.
Keep reading to learn all you need to know about using cash on Grubhub, including how to do it, other payment options available, and more!
How to Pay With Cash on Grubhub
Paying with cash on Grubhub is as easy as ordering like you normally would, then selecting cash at checkout.
Follow these steps to pay with cash on the app:
- Log in to your Grubhub account either via the app or on a desktop browser
- Enter your full address in the field that says “Street address”
- Choose either “Pick up” or “Delivery” from the toggle depending on how you want to receive your order
- You will see a list of restaurants in your area, but you could also look for one yourself if you search by name, menu items, or cuisine
- After finding a restaurant you want to order from, browse through the menu and add items to your bag as usual
- When you’re done, click “Continue to checkout”
- Confirm that you’ve entered the right address and add any special delivery instructions at this point if you want to use the “Notes for the restaurant” button
- Click on the payment option selector under “Your payment” and look for “Pay with cash”
- Select this option and complete your checkout
Many restaurants on Grubhub don’t take cash as a form of payment because it’s a lot more difficult to deal with than electronic payment options.
Aside from taking longer, there is little guarantee that the customer will actually pay when they receive their order.
With electronic payment options, the delivery does not begin until they pay, minimizing this risk both for the restaurant and Grubhub itself.
Grubhub also doesn’t let you sort restaurants by payment options, meaning you’d have to go through the entire process until you get to checkout before you know.
That said, you can always use cash to tip your driver when they get to your address if you’re satisfied with their service.
What Payment Methods Does Grubhub Accept?
Grubhub accepts the following payment options:
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Electronic gift cards
You can update your payment options from your Grubhub account at any time and add options like American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover.
Paypal and Venmo are only available when you order through the app.
Which Other Food Delivery Apps Take Cash?
Most major food delivery services like Grubhub, Uber Eats, and Doordash now take cash as a form of payment alongside the usual electronic options.
For a long time, Grubhub was one of the few such apps that allowed its users to pay with cash, but most of them have added it.
As is the case with Grubhub, cash payments are notoriously hard to deal with, so many restaurants on these platforms don’t offer it, meaning you’ll have to really look around.
Even if you use an electronic payment method at checkout for any of these services, you still have the option to pay the driver with cash as a tip.
Grubhub takes cash, but only in limited instances because most restaurants choose not to accept the form of payment. To use cash for payment on Grubhub, you order as usual then look for the “Pay with cash” option at checkout.
Since you can’t filter restaurants by payment methods, you will need to go through the whole process before you find one that takes cash. Aside from cash, Grubhub also accepts payment in Apple Pay, Android Pay, credit, debit, gift cards, Venmo, and Paypal.