With Home Depot’s products including modern technologies, such as electronic alarms and installation systems, you would expect their payment systems to mirror these advancements.
So, does Home Depot accept Google Pay and Samsung Pay? I did some digging, and here is what I discovered.
Does Home Depot Accept Google Pay & Samsung Pay?
Home Depot does not currently accept Google Pay as a mobile payment method for Android users. However, Home Depot does accept Samsung Pay at most store locations. Alternatively, Home Depot customers can pay using Visa, MasterCard, Amex, Cash, and PayPal.
To find out how you can pay at Home Depot using Samsung Pay, and other payment methods, just keep reading!
Why Doesn’t Home Depot Accept Google Pay As A Payment Form?
It is not entirely clear as to why Home Depot has not yet incorporated Google Pay as a payment option despite accepting Samsung pay.
It is likely that due to Home Depot’s exclusive partnership with Paypal, in which they no longer feel the need to add on Google Pay as an option too.
Did Home Depot Ever Accept Google Pay As A Payment Form?
Home Depot has never accepted Google Pay as a payment form in their stores despite announcing in 2015 that they would be.
Unfortunately, this announcement never came to fruition even though many customers have expressed their desire to use Google pay in Home Depot for an easier payment transaction.
How Do You Pay Using Samsung Pay At Home Depot?
To pay using Samsung pay at Home Depot, you will need to follow these simple steps:
- Download Samsung pay onto your mobile phone device
- Add your credit and debit payment cards according to the instructions on the app
- When it is time to pay for an item or service, simply click on the app again
- Press the ‘pay’ option button
- Choose one of the previously uploaded cards that you would like to pay with
- Then, choose between typing in your PIN or IRIS to confirm that it is you
- Alternatively, if you have the fingerprint ID scanner already connected, you can scan your fingerprint as security confirmation
- After this, tap the back of your mobile phone against the card reader (please note that this will only work if the card machine has a contactless option)
What Stores Do Accept Google Pay As A Payment Form?
Many popular and well-known stores accept Google Pay as part of their contactless payment scheme!
These stores include:
- Whole Foods
- Trader Joe’s
- Best Buy
- Game Stop
- The Disney Store
What Other Stores Accept Samsung Pay As A Payment Form?
Many other stores besides Home Depot also accept Samsung Pay as a form of payment!
- Office Depot
- Best Buy
- Trader Joe’s
- Forever 21
- Save Mart
In summary, Home Depot accepts Samsung pay but does not accept Google pay.
Though this may be confusing to some, Home Depot does accept Paypal in place of Google pay.
You can make these payments both online as well as in-store simply by tapping your phone to their contactless card machine.