Grocery delivery has become extremely popular for a wide variety of reasons within the past few years. With it being easier and more convenient than normal grocery shopping, you might be wondering does Kroger deliver groceries?
If you have decided to use grocery delivery services you may also be wondering, how does it work? I’ve looked into Kroger and this is what I found!
Does Kroger Deliver Groceries In 2024?
Thankfully, Kroger does offer grocery delivery as of 2024. Moreover, you can order grocery delivery directly off of Kroger’s platform or through Instacart. Furthermore, if using Kroger or Instacart for grocery delivery there is a service fee. However, if a Kroger store isn’t in your area, you will not be able to use its delivery service.
If you are curious about how to order groceries for delivery using Kroger or Instacart, how much either platform costs to order through, and more, then read on!
How does Grocery Delivery with the Kroger App Work?
To use delivery through the Kroger app or website you first need to have a Kroger account. To create a Kroger account:
- First, go to Kroger.com and click “Create Account”
- Second, enter the requested information and create a password
- Kroger will ask for your first and last name, email address, and your “Plus Card or Alt ID” if you have one
- Last, click “Create Account”
After your Kroger account is created you need to set up your account by adding your details, such as your address and phone number.
Furthermore, once your account is created and set up you can begin shopping and receive grocery deliveries.
Therefore, to place an order for delivery through Kroger:
- First, make sure you are logged in to your Kroger account
- Then, click “Choose Way to Shop”
- Next, you can click either “Use My Location” or enter your zip code to find out if you’re location is eligible for Kroger delivery
- Additionally, if you have already entered your address and selected it to use, you should not have to enter your zip code again
- After, click “Select Store” or “Start Shopping” on the option you want to use to shop with
- Furthermore, you can select from, Pickup, Delivery, Ship, and In-Store
- Moreover, for delivery, you need to select the “Delivery” option
- Following, do your shopping and add the items to your cart, and then proceed to check out
- Once at the check out you will be asked about your address again, choose your “delivery window”, and click “Continue”
- Finally, you can enter your payment information, review the order, and place your order
- Additionally, Kroger can currently only accept credit or debit cards as payment for online orders
Furthermore, your order has now been placed, is being taken care of, and will be delivered in the delivery window you selected.
Moreover, you will not be charged until after your order is received.
How much does Grocery Delivery Cost Through the Kroger App?
Unfortunately, there is a small service fee that comes with using Kroger delivery. Furthermore, the fee is $9.96 up to $11.95.
Moreover, the fee amount depends on your location for the Kroger delivery.
Additionally, the fee is applied to your order at check out so there are no surprise charges.
How does Kroger Deliver Groceries on Instacart Work?
To be able to checkout with Instacart and order delivery, you first have to have an Instacart account. Moreover, to create an Instacart account:
- Start by going to Instacart.com and clicking “Sign up”
- Next, you will be asked to enter your email address and click “Continue”
- You also will have the option to “Continue with phone”, “Continue with Facebook”, and “Continue with Google” if your prefer
- Last, you will be asked to create a password and click “Continue”
Now that your account is created, to place an order for delivery with Kroger:
- Firstly, if not already, log in to your Instacart account
- Secondly, go to the Kroger section of Instacart and do your shopping
- Once your shopping is finished proceed to check out by clicking the cart icon at the top of the page and review your cart
- Next, when your cart is correct, click “Go to checkout”
- If you don’t have an account already you will need to select “Create Account” and follow Instacart’s directions, the steps should be similar to the steps listed previously
- Then, choose your “delivery window” from the available times
- If you are shopping from more than one store you will have to choose a “delivery window” for each store
- Finally, add your address for delivery and your payment information and finish your order
Unfortunately, if Kroger is not available on your Instacart it is because Kroger is not in your area yet and you will have to wait until it is.
How much does Kroger’s Grocery Delivery Service Cost via Instacart?
Unfortunately, there are fees associated with Instacart delivery.
- For same-day delivery over $35 – fees start at $3.99
- For one-hour deliveries, club store deliveries, and deliveries under $35 – fees vary
Moreover, service fees vary based on your location, the number of items in your cart, and if you ordered alcohol.
Furthermore, your delivery fee will be calculated and shown when choosing your “delivery window”.
Additionally, here is more information about Instacart’s fees and taxes.
How much Should you Tip for Kroger’s Grocery Delivery Service?
Fortunately, if you are ordering grocery delivery directly through Kroger they ask you to not tip its delivery drivers. Kroger says “your smile is our reward. No tipping please.”
However, if using a third-party delivery service such as Instacart you can tip the delivery drivers and it is always appreciated.
Additionally, if you choose to tip your driver the standard tip is about 20% of the total bill.
However, the amount is always up to you in the end and you can give more or less than 20% if you prefer.
Fortunately for Kroger users, Kroger does offer grocery delivery. Furthermore, you can order grocery delivery through Kroger’s platform or Instacart. Unfortunately, there are fees when ordering from either platform, however, the fees are not very expensive.
Moreover, you can receive your grocery delivery within an hour or later in the week by selecting your “delivery window” with either platform. Additionally, with Kroger, you do not have to tip your delivery driver, however, with Instacart tips are gladly accepted.