Lowe’s caters lots of its products to contractors, and as such, customers tend to buy in bulk, meaning you may receive your order delivered on pallets.
If you’re looking to get rid of your used pallets, you’ve come to the right place. I wondered whether Lowe’s buys pallets, so I’ve done some research, and here’s what I’ve found!
Does Lowe’s Buy Pallets?
Lowe’s does not currently buy used pallets from customers. Lowe’s has recently been testing the efficiency of reusing and recycling pallets within its stores, but it doesn’t pay customers to return used pallets. Customers can sell used pallets in other ways, including on Craigslist and to local manufacturers.
To find out where to sell your used pallets and where you can buy pallets, check out the rest of my research below!
What Does Lowe’s Do With Old Pallets?
Lowe’s Reverse Logistics team has begun to reuse, repair, and recycle old pallets used throughout Lowe’s operations as a way to reduce the amount of waste it produces.
Lowe’s partners with wood recyclers to ensure that any pallets that cannot be reused are recycled properly.
Which Companies Buy Pallets?
Though Lowe’s does not currently buy used pallets from customers, many places will buy your used pallets or recycle them for money.
Some examples of places that take used pallets include:
- Craigslist is an easy option to find local buyers or create an ad for your used pallets.
- Local manufacturers may be willing to take your used pallets off your hands. However, you may need to negotiate a price!
- Kamps has over 150 locations across the US that will buy and recycle your old pallets. Through Kamps, you get a price based on your pallet’s condition, and they may charge extra for hauling, depending on your location.
- Finding a pallet broker with the North American Pallet Recycling Network.
- Local woodworking or furniture schools may take excess pallets off your hands, though prices may not be as high as with other options.
- Atlantic Pallet Exchange will pay for some pallet sizes. Additionally, they offer the removal of all pallets, though you may not be paid for some pallet sizes.
- net is another excellent place to find local pallet recyclers and brokers.
Other local stores, businesses, and waste management facilities may be able to take used pallets off your hands, though some may not offer money in return.
What Companies Sell Pallets?
While Lowe’s does sell wood panels that you can use to make your own pallets, it does not appear to sell any already-made pallets.
On the other hand, Home Depot has a range of pallets for sale. The pallets Home Depot sells come in a variety of materials, from wood and PVC to aluminum and steel.
Pallets at Home Depot start at $34.99 and go up to $389, depending on the material and size of the pallet.
Other places to find wooden pallets include:
- Searching out pallet brokers in your area
- Facebook Marketplace
- Second-hand websites
- Small businesses (they may throw away their pallets)