Any time you mention fast foods, you will probably think of Popeyes and KFC. Among the two, Popeyes has made its name by offering spiced chicken meals alongside Cajun dishes and flavorings.
In that case, Popeyes is the place to go for an ideal chicken meal, including chicken livers. If you want to know more factual information about Popeyes chicken livers, keep reading!
Does Popeyes Have Chicken Livers In 2023?
Popeyes offers chicken livers in select outlets in 2023. Considering the fact that chicken liver is one Popeyes meal that faces a lot of controversies, the company provides it in areas where its popularity is felt most; southern states of the US, such as Anniston-Alabama. Due to variance in availability, customers should confirm the availability with their respective restaurants.
Read on to learn the nutritional value of Popeyes chicken livers, how much it will cost you to buy chicken livers at Popeyes, and much more!
How Much Is Chicken Liver at Popeyes?
Generally, Popeyes chicken livers are inexpensive compared to other chains’ food items. For example:
- For dinner meal, chicken livers (6pcs) go for @5.99 dollars
- During normal hours, 12 pcs goes for @ 5.99 dollars and 6pcs @ 3.59 dollars.
What Are the Nutritional Values of Popeyes Chicken Liver?
Below are the Popeyes Chicken Livers nutritional facts:
- 123% Total Fat 80g.
- 170% Saturated Fat 34g.
- Trans Fat 5g.
- 255% Cholesterol 765mg.
- 86% Sodium 2070mg.
- 22% Total Carbohydrates 65g.
- 24% Protein 54g.
Why Does Popeyes Soak Chicken Livers in Milk?
Soaking chicken liver in milk and salt helps to dehydrate excess blood from the livers, giving it a smoother, less gamey, and pleasant taste.
Ideally, soaking is one of the mechanisms Popeyes uses to make good liver. Additionally, the process helps remove the bitter taste in the liver, enhancing flavor.
How Long Does Popeyes Soak Chicken Livers in Milk?
Popeyes soaks chicken livers for about 2-3 hours. After which, it is drained and dried with paper towels before cooking in a skillet using medium-high heat.
How Does Popeyes Cook Fried Chicken Livers?
Below are the ingredients and steps used by Popeyes to cook chicken livers (for a four individual meal):
- 1 pound of chicken livers
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup of milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- One tablespoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1quart vegetable oil
The steps of making chicken liver are as shown below:
- Place chicken livers in a colander; rinse with cold water, and drain well. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Whisk egg and milk together in a shallow dish until blended.
- Place flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into a zip-top bag; shake to combine.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Dip chicken livers in egg mixture to coat, then transfer, one at a time, into the flour mixture, shaking the bag to coat completely.
- Gently place coated livers, a few at a time, into hot oil; cover with a splatter screen and cook until crisp and golden brown, 5 to 6 minutes.
Where Else Can I Buy Chicken Livers?
Apart from Popeyes, you can buy chicken livers at KFC. In this case, ensure to inquire first since KFC sells chicken livers in select locations.
Moreover, you can purchase chicken livers from retail supercenters such as Vons, Walmart, and Safeway.
Popeyes restaurant offers chicken livers only in a few selected southern locations. Chicken liver is among the most affordable chicken product provided at restaurants.
However, despite being beneficial for the treatment of anemia, physicians warn of the severe health effects when the chicken liver is taken in excess.