For numerous reasons, Popeyes keeps making significant changes to the menu. At times, customers are not even sure what items are currently being offered on the restaurant’s side menu.
If you are uncertain whether Popeyes has corn on the cob or cornbread, keep reading for factual details!
Does Popeyes Have Corn On The Cob Or Cornbread In 2022?
Popeyes has corn on the cob but doesn’t sell cornbread as of 2022. Although both items don’t appear on the restaurant’s side menu, corn on the cob is available when requested. Also, the primary nutrients in corn on the cob are carbohydrates, taking about 75% of the total nutrient composition. Other nutrients include protein and fat.
To learn more about Popeyes’ corn on the cob, if Popeyes sells cornbread, whether Popeyes uses cornstarch, and much more, keep reading!
Does Popeyes Sell Cornbread?
Unfortunately, Popeyes does not have cornbread on its menu. Nevertheless, the company offers other alternatives sides, such as the following:
- Black-Eyed Peas: Popeyes introduced this iconic dish in 2019 after removing cornbread from its menu.
- Coleslaw: This is a crispy, calm, and tangy treat that perfectly balances Popeyes’ spicy chicken or fries.
- Cajun Fries: Delicious French fries seasoned with the special Cajun seasonings; thus, the name Cajun fries.
- Mash Potatoes And Gravy: Smooth, creamy mashed unique potatoes with the flavorful Cajun gravy.
- Onion Rings: Sweet yellow onions dipped in a unique blend of authentic Louisiana spices and home-style flour coating.
- Bread Roll: Popeyes serves a fresh bread roll that you can use to complement your meal.
- Corn On The Cob
What Alternative Fast-Food Restaurants Sell Cornbread?
Although Popeyes does not offer cornbread, plenty of other fast-food chains sell it. For example, you can purchase cornbread at Chick-fil-A.
Chick-fil-A cornbread is in the form of a corn muffin that is baked until the exterior is crispy and the inside is tender.
Also, major nutritional constituents of the corn muffins include the following:
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 50 grams
- Proteins: 9 grams
You can purchase cornbread from any local Chick-fil-A restaurant.
Does Popeyes Use Cornstarch?
Even though Popeyes does not disclose if it uses cornstarch, some copycat recipes insinuate that the company uses cornstarch to make its delicious chicken sandwich.
That said, cornstarch helps make the crust super crispy and lighter, unlike just battering the chicken with flour.
Does Popeyes Have Corn On The Cob?
That said, this period starts between June and lasts until mid-October every year, coinciding with the grilling season.
How Much Is Corn On The Cob At Popeyes?
Corn on the cob regular-sized is $1.79, whereas the large size is $3.79.
How Does Popeyes Make Cajun-Seasoned Corn On The Cob?
It is important to note that Popeyes does not provide the corn on the cob recipe on its website.
However, some sources highlight Popeyes’ corn-on-the-cob copycat recipe. You will require the following ingredients to make a Popeyes’ corn on the cob Cajun-seasoned replica:
- Fresh corn on the cob
- Cajun seasoning
- Lime juice
- Garlic salt
After gathering the proper ingredients, the Cajun-seasoned corn on the cob’s cooking procedure includes the following steps:
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil.
- Place corn in the pot and boil for an additional five to six minutes.
- Turn off the stove and let the corn sit for two to three minutes.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, and lime juice. Stir and cook for approximately two minutes.
- Drain corn and place in a serving dish, then pour the Cajun butter over the corn.
- Roll corn to coat all sides and enjoy.
What Are Popeyes’ Corn On The Cob’s Nutritional Facts?
Below are the nutritional values for every 284-gram serving size of Popeyes’ corn on the cob:
- Calories: 190
- Carbohydrates: 37 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
- Dietary Fiber: 4 grams
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 grams
Is Popeyes’ Corn On The Cob Vegan?
Yes, Popeyes’ corn on the cob is vegan if it is prepared without butter. Therefore, if you are looking for a vegan option, request it be prepared without butter.
In conclusion, Popeyes has corn on the cob as part of its side but does not offer cornbread.
Also, Popeyes’ corn on the cob contains carbohydrates, proteins, dietary fiber, and saturated fat. On top of that, it is high in calories because of the carbohydrates.