The coolant inside your vehicle’s radiator needs to be regularly flushed and replaced to keep the engine working properly and avoiding overheating during summers.
Since Walmart has Auto Care Centers all over the country, you may be wondering: does Walmart do coolant flushes? Here is what I’ve found through my research!
Does Walmart Do Coolant Flushes?
Unfortunately, Walmart does not provide coolant or radiator flushing services at any of its Auto Care Centers. However, Walmart does sell coolant flush kits and fluid that you can use to do the maintenance yourself. Stores like Jiffy Lube, Pep Boys, and Valvoline offer coolant flushing services.
If you want to know more about the alternatives provided by Walmart for coolant flushing and the list of vehicle maintenance stores that offer this service, keep on reading!
Does Walmart Sell Coolant Flushing Kits?
Although Walmart does not offer coolant flushing services at any of its Auto Care Centers, it sells a variety of coolant flush kits and fluid that you can buy and use by yourself to flush your vehicle’s radiator coolant.
You will find kits available online and in-store through Walmart for as little as $3, with coolant liquid costing anywhere between $10 and $100, based on the quantity and brand you purchase.
How Can You Flush Your Vehicle’s Coolant Yourself?
If you decide to buy coolant flush kits, you will have to undertake the process of flushing and replacing your vehicle’s coolant yourself.
You can head over to this excellent pictorial guide by Advance Auto Parts on the method for flushing and replacing your radiator’s coolant properly.
Although specific details may vary based on your vehicle type, here are the general steps you should follow:
- Open the radiator and reservoir tank (if your vehicle has one) fill caps
- Consult the owner’s manual to find where the drain coming out of the radiator is, and place the container from the kit underneath the drain to receive the coolant
- Open the drain and wait for all the coolant to flow out before closing it once again
- Add the coolant flush product to the radiator, close the caps, and run the engine for 10 minutes
- Let your engine cool completely before draining out the coolant flush product
- Repeat the previous two steps, but this time using water from a hosepipe
- Finally, add the right proportion of coolant (50 parts coolant with 50 parts water for most vehicles and coolant brands) to your radiator and secure the caps
Where Can You Get Coolant Flushing Services?
If you’re not in the mood for flushing your vehicle’s coolant yourself, you can visit one of the following car service stores across the country for the complete coolant flushing service:
- Firestone Complete Auto Care
- Jiffy Lube
- Pep Boys
To learn more, you can also see my guides on whether or not Walmart takes old tires, Walmart does transmission fluid changes, and if Walmart changes and repairs brakes.
Conclusion: Does Walmart Do Coolant Flushes?
Unfortunately, Walmart’s Auto Care Centers do not provide coolant flushing services at any outlet across the country. So if you want to get your coolant flushed, you can visit service stores like Firestone, Jiffy Lube, Meineke, Pep Boys, and Valvoline.
Alternatively, you can buy coolant flush kits (and coolant liquid) from Walmart online or in-store and try to go about the coolant flushing task yourself.