No matter what you need – you will probably find it in Walmart! It offers various services and smart solutions for everyday living, such as retail goods, pharmacy, and photo lab services.
For this reason, one of the most common questions is, does Walmart take passport photos? Here is everything I could find.
Does Walmart Take Passport Photos In 2022?
Walmart does take passport photos as of 2022 at locations with a Photo Center. Walmart charges $7.44 for two 2X2 passport photos which take around 5-10 minutes to develop. Customers can get passport photos at Walmart within normal trading hours Monday – Sunday.
To learn more about locations, what you need to bring, and how to get your passport photos even cheaper, keep on reading!
How Much Does It Cost to Take Passport Photos in Walmart?
The price is extremely affordable – Walmart charges only $7.44 for two passport photos (which is much cheaper than the USPS, which charges $15!).
Additionally, Walmart customers can actually opt for the cheaper option, which is to take the image yourself and print it in-store for only $0.25, by using one of these templates.
Are Walmart Passport Photos Good?
Yes, according to Walmart, passport photos taken at their photo labs meet all the requirements of a biometric photo of the United States.
You can always take a passport photo yourself, and then use Walmart’s cropping tool to transform a selfie into a professional passport photo in accordance with the official requirements.
After the photo is transformed, you can print the photo out for only 19 cents.
You can use any device that captures photos to take your passport photo – whether that is your smartphone, digital camera, or tablet.
How Early Can I Get a Passport Photo at Walmart?
That actually depends on the Walmart store closing hours. Before the pandemic, most of the Walmart stores were open 24 hours from Monday to Friday.
However, most stores now remain open from 7 AM to 11 PM until further notice.
There is also an online passport photosystem that you can use as a quick and easy way to order your passport photos. All you need to do is to upload your passport-appropriate photo and make any necessary changes and edits.
Then you can either pick up your passport photos from the nearest Walmart or choose home delivery. Usually, your photos will be ready in 1 hour.
What Are The Requirements For Walmart Passport Photos?
The Walmart passport photos should meet all the official passport photo requirements of the United States. You can use the special photo template generator and will not have to worry about the wrong size and background.
However, there are certain requirements you need to know before getting your passport photos taken at Walmart. They refer to smiling in a photo, the wrong posture, or wearing certain forbidden items.
This all can cause your photo to be rejected. For this reason, it is important to know about the general requirements and recommendations. Here is a list of them:
- You should look directly at a camera
- Your facial expression should be neutral – it is not allowed to smile in the photo
- The photo background should be either white or off-white.
- You should wear neutral, normal clothing while taking the photo. It is allowed to wear religious clothing. However, extravagant clothes and uniforms are forbidden.
- Your passport photo should be current, not older than 6 months old.
- When taking the passport photo, you should take your headphones and glasses off.
- Your hair and the jewelry you are wearing should not hide parts of your face.
- Your entire face open and be visible in the photo.
How To Look Good For Your Passport Photo?
Do you want to look good in your passport photo? Here is a list of some tips to follow:
- Make sure that you are properly groomed and made up.
- Use concealer to cover problem spots and spots on your face
- Trim your facial hair and shave off the extra stubble.
- Use powder to cover shiny areas on your face, especially on the forehead and around the nose (it is for both men and women)
- If you wear makeup, add some color to your to the lips to let them stand out in the photo.
- Make sure you wash your hair, brush it and style it accordingly
- Choose an outfit that is not too light. Since the background is either white or off-white, it is better to wear something that will add some contrast – like green or blue. This will help you not to look washed out.
- Since a wide smile is not allowed, try to smile a little bit with your mouth closed.
- Keep your chin up and your shoulders down.
- Try to stay relaxed and do not stress out. Remember that it is just a passport photo – it does not have to be perfect.
Once you have taken your passport photo, you may have to post it. If this is the case, you might want to pick up some postage stamps, which Walmart also provides!