If you’re looking for a job, love home improvement and have a knack for organization, then you may be interested in the Home Depot merchandiser job.
If so, you may want to learn more about what the position entails, so keep reading below to learn what I found out on this subject!
What is a Home Depot Merchandiser In 2023?
A Home Depot merchandiser is responsible for setting up displays in the store, breaking down displays, replacing missing price labels, and organizing overheads in 2023. Merchandisers will keep track of out-of-stock merchandise, verify merchandise quantities, take inventory, and install brochures on displays. Merchandisers will be cleaning and organizing aisles in the store and will be assisting customers as needed.
Do you want to know more about becoming a merchandiser at Home Depot, such as what the job duties are and the pay? If so, keep reading below to find out all of the details about this job!
What Does a Merchandiser at Home Depot Do?
A merchandiser at Home Depot will be spending a majority of their time changing store shelves and displays to sell and promote specific items at Home Depot.
Additionally, merchandisers will be straightening up and cleaning to ensure that when customers walk into the store, everything is aesthetically pleasing. Other job tasks will include:
- Organize overheads
- Pack-down tasks for out-of-stock and low-stock products
- Replace price labels that have been damaged or are missing
- Build displays for departments using hand tools
- Use handheld devices to scan merchandise
- Verify all merchandise quantities and perform other inventory duties
- Install brochures and signs on displays
- Maintain all display materials and brochures
- Ensure aisles have been cleaned so customers can easily walk through them
- Accurately document the bay service area and fill out all required documentation
- Ensure all displays and merchandise are displayed properly according to instructions
- Read and execute planograms
- Follow safety procedures at all times
- Assist customers in the store when they ask about products or the store in general
- Markdown damaged merchandise under the direction of the store leadership
- Perform any other job duties that are asked of the merchandiser by management
How Much Does a Home Depot Merchandiser Make?
A Home Depot merchandiser will make $12.58 an hour on average, although the pay can range from $11 to $16 an hour, depending on your previous experience and your location.
What Skills Does a Merchandiser Need for Home Depot?
To be a good merchandiser at Home Depot, you’ll need to have great organizational and time management skills, as well as the following assets:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Feel comfortable working with handheld tools and technology
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Know how to read planograms, instructions, manuals, and diagrams
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Ability to understand how to make merchandise appealing to customers
- Know what’s popular and unpopular in the store
What are the Requirements for a Home Depot Merchandiser?
A Home Depot merchandiser must be over the age of 18 and also be able to pass a drug test, background check, and any other pre-employment tests required by the store location.
Additionally, a merchandiser will need to be comfortable with working in an environment where odors, dust, and fumes could occur occasionally.
Is a Merchandiser at Home Depot a Good Job?
Employees have stated online in reviews that merchandising isn’t a bad job to have as it’s generally more slow-paced than other jobs at Home Depot.
Additionally, it can be a neat job to have if you’re into organization, design, and like the artistic angle of the job, since you’re putting up displays and making them look as good as possible.
Employees have said that, depending on where you’re working, management can be a problem, although this doesn’t mean every store has bad management.
However, this job is good for the pay, and you’ll love the fact that you’re on your own more often than not (although you still have to deal with customers).
One thing employees have said is that being a merchandiser can be boring because it’s much slower-paced than other jobs at Home Depot, and there are times where you don’t have much to do.
Nevertheless, if you love organizing, cleaning, setting up displays, making products look aesthetically appealing, and don’t mind a slow-paced job, then you may enjoy working as a merchandiser.
How Do I Apply for a Home Depot Merchandiser Job?
If you’d like to apply for this job, you can head to the Home Depot Career portal, which is where you can search for the job by the job title of ‘merchandiser’.
You also can choose to enter your location and select a radius, which will bring up all of the Home Depot locations in your area and then search for the job from there!
If you are looking to learn more, you can also check our posts on Home Depot sales associate, Home Depot warehouse associate, and Home Depot customer service associate.
The Home Depot merchandiser is responsible for reading guides and planograms to set up displays throughout the store, and installing pamphlets and brochures on the displays.
Merchandisers will also be organizing merchandise through the store, installing missing or damaged price labels, and removing or lowering the price of damaged merchandise.