A lot of people have turned to Grubhub because it provides a steady source of income without requiring too much to join.
Before deciding to devote your time to it, it’s essential to know how Grubhub pays its drivers, which is what I’m discussing below!
How Do Grubhub Drivers Get Paid In 2022?
Grubhub drivers usually get paid via direct deposit as of 2022. Grubhub drivers get paid weekly every Thursday, but they can choose to withdraw whenever they want through Instant Cash Out. Grubhub drivers get paid depending on how much time they spend on the road, tips, how far they travel for each order, and special offer earnings.
Read on to learn everything you need to know about how Grubhub pays its drivers, including the different frequencies, what they get paid for, and more!
Do Grubhub Drivers Get Paid Hourly?
Grubhub drivers don’t get paid hourly.
Instead, they get paid depending on various factors tied to the deliveries they make, including the tips and how much they earn by completing missions for special offers.
When you see data about Grubhub earnings presented on a per hour scale, they’ve gotten it by calculating how much they earn on average in an hour depending on variables like how many orders they take, the tips they receive, etc.
Do Grubhub Drivers Get Paid Besides Tips?
Yes, Grubhub drivers get paid besides tips, as their total payments might include the following:
- Mileage per order: this is calculated by the distance you traveled for every order
- Time spent on the road: this is calculated by the amount of time you spend on the road when the mileage isn’t enough to determine how much work you did, e.g., when you spend a lot of time stuck in traffic
- Special offers: these are provided when drivers complete missions like doing a certain number of deliveries within a specific amount of time. Special offers aren’t all available everywhere, and they’re tied to set periods and markets
Also, Grubhub has different guidelines in place for how it treats these aspects of its drivers’ pay, including:
- How much you earn in special offers, time and mileage will be added up in your “Delivery pay” and is displayed at the top of your pay summary
- Estimates for time and mileage are determined when you receive the offer
- Estimates for mileage and time are calculated together when you get an offer with more than one order
- If you get an order before you finish the delivery you were already on, the mileage and time for the new offer will be estimated starting from where you finish the first delivery
Do Grubhub Drivers Get Paid Daily?
Grubhub drivers don’t get paid daily unless they choose the Instant Cash Out option to withdraw their earnings whenever they want.
With that, Instant Cash Out lets Grubhub drivers link their bank account and withdraw up to $500 a day for 50 cents per transaction, free if they bank with Chase.
If a Grubhub driver doesn’t choose this option, they’ll be paid weekly, every Thursday, via direct deposit.
Do Grubhub Drivers Get Paid Per Mile?
Grubhub drivers get paid per mile alongside other aspects of the job such as tips, time, and special offers.
That said, Grubhub estimates the mileage on an order after it’s been accepted. If the offer has more than one order, the mileage is calculated for all of them together.
Also, if drivers get an offer while on another delivery, then the mileage is calculated from where the current delivery is completed.
How Fast Does Grubhub Pay?
Grubhub payments are available 15 minutes after a driver completes their delivery. But, how fast they can access it depends on whether they’re using direct deposit or Instant Cash Out.
With direct deposit, the default option, drivers get paid every Thursday while they can withdraw their money whenever they want with Instant Cash Out.
That said, direct deposit could take between three and five days to be fully processed.
Also, Grubhub says that you should have the money by the next Monday, and you should contact the company to report any delays beyond this.
Grubhub drivers get paid via direct deposit every Thursday under the default plan.
However, they can opt for Instant Cash Out, where they can withdraw to their bank account whenever they want for 50 cents per transaction or free if they’re using Chase.
Further, Grubhub calculates its drivers’ pay using their tips, mileage traveled, time spent on the road, and special offers.
Additionally, special offers on Grubhub are earned by completing missions such as making a certain number of deliveries in a set amount of time.