Having a Kroger account allows customers to shop online, use coupons, or register for services that make shopping much easier.
However, you might need to delete the Kroger account after a while if you have lost interest in the service or need to cancel the account. So how can you delete your Kroger account? Here is a step-by-step process!
How to Delete a Kroger Account In 2024
Fortunately, it’s possible to delete your Kroger account in 2024. To delete your Kroger account completely, there are different ways to get this done via the website, by calling, or by submitting a request to the Kroger team. After deleting the account, you can also remove the app on your phone.
If you’d like to learn more about the step-by-step process to delete your Kroger account, keep on reading for more facts!
Can You Delete Your Kroger Account?
If you have a Kroger account, you can delete it if you are not using the services anymore.
Fortunately, the process is simple if you follow the step-by-step guide via the website or by contacting the Kroger team.
What Are the Different Methods for Deleting a Kroger Account?
To delete your Kroger account, you can follow three methods. Let’s look at each of them in detail.
How to Delete Your Account Via the Website
One of the easiest methods to delete your account is via the website. Follow these steps:
- Open the Kroger website via your browser.
- Log in to your account at the top right corner of the Kroger.com homepage. To sign in, you’ll need to use your email and password. If you don’t remember the password, you can reset it by selecting “Forgot Password.” If you used your Google account to create the account, use it to sign in.
- Navigate to the account settings by clicking the “Account” icon on the top right-hand corner. This will direct you to the settings tab.
- Scroll down until you see a red button marked “Delete and Cancel Account” on the account setting page. Read all the instructions before selecting this option to delete the account permanently.
- If you are ready to delete the account, select the option. You will be prompted to confirm the deletion.
- On the confirmation page, you’ll be asked to choose a reason for the cancellation and enter your password. You can then click the red “Cancel and Delete Account” button again to permanently cancel and delete the Kroger account.
How to Delete Your Kroger Account by Submitting a Request
On the other hand, you can delete the account by submitting a request to the retailer. Here is a step-by-step process:
- Log in to your Kroger account.
- Head to the “Contact Us” page on the website.
- Select the method you’d like to use to submit requests by email or phone.
- If you choose via email, you’ll need to fill up the boxes with your name and email.
- Choose a topic, or you can select the “Others” option.
- You can fill up your reasons for contacting the Kroger team in the last box.
- Click the “Submit” button to complete the process.
How to Delete Your Kroger Account by Calling
You can also contact the Kroger associates to help you delete the account. Here’s how to go about it:
- Confirm that you have the full name and details attached to the Kroger account.
- Dial the Kroger customer support number 1-800-576-4377 to speak to an associate.
- Let them know that you need to delete your account.
- Provide the details associated with the account to help with the deletion process.
- Keep the notification you are sent afterward.
How Do You Cancel Your Kroger Membership?
If you have signed up for a membership on Kroger Plus, Kroger Boost, or Kroger Rx Savings Club, you can cancel your membership if you need to get off the service.
You can do this by logging in to your account via the app or website. To get off the membership, ensure that you turn off auto-renewal.
This stops the account from billing you for the membership and unlinks your card.
You can also call the Kroger associates and ask them to guide you on how to cancel your membership in any of the services.
Can You Deactivate Your Kroger Account?
If you want to deactivate the account, your options might be to either completely delete it or remove the payment options via the website or app.
However, the account will still exist if you remove the payment and auto-renewal. In this case, you can return and use the Kroger account again if you make the payment.
Why Do Shoppers Delete a Kroger Account?
While a Kroger account is quite helpful for shopping online or taking advantage of coupons and discounts, some shoppers get to a point where they have to delete it.
Members delete the account if they want to join another platform like Target, Walmart, Costco, or Amazon.
People choose to delete the accounts if the account is not serving the purpose anymore, such as saving them money.
It’s possible to delete your Kroger account in 2024. To delete your Kroger account completely, there are different ways to get this done via the website, by calling, or by submitting a request to the Kroger team.
After deleting the account, you can also remove the app on your phone to complete the entire process.