Walmart, one of America’s greatest retailers, implements several strategies to help customers save as much money as possible.
Among the acceptable ways of saving money at Walmart includes coupons, which has left interested customers questioning how to extreme coupons at Walmart.
If you’re curious about extreme couponing at Walmart, you’re not alone! I wondered about the different ways to do so, and here’s what I found out about the matter!
How Do You Extreme Coupon At Walmart In 2023?
You can extreme coupon at Walmart by utilizing several acceptable methods, including competitors’ coupons, manufacturers’ coupons, and Catalina coupons as of 2023. Additionally, you can use Walmart’s Saving Catcher app to compare competitors’ prices and save more money.
If you want to get more insight into the different extreme couponing methods at Walmart, keep reading!
1. Understand Walmart’s Coupon Policy
The first step when learning how to extreme coupon at Walmart is to understand Walmart’s coupon policy in-depth.
That said, a customer’s biggest mistake is assuming that Walmart would apply the same coupon rules as those in non-Walmart stores.
For instance, Walmart may not allow you to use a coupon if you’re in any of the following situations:
- Checkout coupons that reward money or a percentage off the cost of the entire shopping cart
- Coupons printed at home that offers free products
- Competitors’ coupons that reward a percentage off, offer a double or triple value, or a buy one, get one free offer that doesn’t have a specific price
- Using more than one coupon on an item (Walmart only allows one coupon per item)
- If the coupon does not have a date of expiration
- Purchase an item that’s not identical to the one listed on the coupon (Walmart coupons require that you purchase an item identical in brand, quantity, weight, color, flavor, etc.)
On top of that, it’s important to know that Walmart doesn’t use a price matching policy anymore.
2. Use Competitors’ Coupons
Even though Walmart phased out its price matching policy, it allows you to use competitors’ coupons.
Since Walmart strives to sell items at the lowest possible prices, comparing coupons from other stores may further lower the cost, hence saving you money in the long run.
However, it’s important to note the specific guidelines set by Walmart for using competitors’ coupons. For instance, Walmart requires that the competitor’s coupons must:
- Be for a specific price of the item
- Indicate the specific price of an item if the offer is a “buy one, get one free”
- Not be duplicated
- Have a date of expiry
3. Look For Manufacturer’s Coupons
Fortunately, Walmart accepts manufacturers’ coupons.
With that, the manufacturer’s coupons can be printed, obtained in newspapers or magazines, on the item’s packaging, or from other online sources.
However, the guidelines for using manufacturer’s coupons at Walmart is as follows:
- All manufacturer’s coupons with cents or dollars off are accepted.
- All manufacturer’s coupons for free items are accepted except the ones printed off the internet.
- All limitations by the manufacturer will be honored by Walmart.
- The coupon must have the term “Manufacturer’s Coupon” printed on it.
- The manufacturer’s coupons must indicate the manufacturer’s remit address, valid date of expiry, and a scannable barcode.
4. Keep Catalina Coupons
Walmart encourages customers to keep coupons printed out at the cash register, commonly known as the Catalina Coupons.
However, you must adhere to the following guidelines when using the Catalina coupons:
- Must include the phrase “Manufacturer Coupon.”
- Should have a valid date of expiration as well as the manufacturer’s remit address
- It can be printed in color or black and white.
- The coupon should include the specific details of the item. For instance, the size and the color.
- Must not be used twice on an item.
5. Utilize Coupon Overages
An overage refers to when the value of a coupon exceeds the actual price of an item.
For instance, if you use a coupon on a product with a reduced price or on clearance, you get an overage for the item.
In case of an overage coupon, Walmart will give you the excess as credit or cash that can be applied to your current purchase.
6. Use Money-Making And Money Saving Apps
While extreme couponing, you can use money-making and money-saving apps such as Ibotta and Checkout 51.
These rebate apps are best used on top of coupons and are essential to extreme coupons at Walmart.
To utilize these apps, you should use your coupons to purchase an item, turn around, and request or rebate through Checkout 51 or Ibotta for the same thing.
However, it’s important to ensure that you only claim rebates for specific products available on the apps.
7. Look For Some Printable Coupons
Walmart accepts internet coupons that are printed at home except for those that are for free products.
Further, the internet can prove a great source for printable coupons that you can redeem at Walmart.
8. Always Look Out For Markdowns
A good method of searching extreme coupons at Walmart is by looking out for markdowns by Walmart.
Although Walmart doesn’t do markdowns often, it still brings down the prices of items when it does so.
Therefore, ensure that you use coupons on items with clearances and markdowns, where applicable, to save some money.
9. Utilize The Savings Catcher App
Even though Walmart stopped the price-matching policy, it still matches prices through the Savings Catcher app.
For example, if you scan your receipt on the Savings Catcher app, Walmart will cross-check competitors’ prices to check if they’re lower.
Then, if the competitor’s advertised prices are lower, Walmart will do a price match and reimburse the balance in the form of a Walmart eGift card.
In conclusion, customers can seek Walmart’s extreme coupons using different strategies in a bid to save as much money as possible.
While Walmart no longer offers its price-matching policy, savvy shoppers can still use the Savings Catcher app and look for markdowns to save a little money.
Also, there are several apps available, like Ibotta, that offer rebates for items you would already purchase at Walmart!