Have you purchased an apple pie from McDonald’s only to realize that it got cold before you could eat it?
You might be wondering how to reheat McDonald’s apple pie to get the best flavor and texture out of the sweet treat.
We’ve got tips for the best ways to reheat the pie so that you can enjoy your dessert later on, so keep reading to learn how!
How to Reheat McDonald’s Apple Pie?
You can reheat McDonald’s apple pie in various ways, including the oven, air fryer, and microwave. While the best way to retain maximum crispiness is by using the air fryer, the oven becomes the best choice if you don’t have one. You also have the ability to freeze the apple pie if you haven’t eaten it within two days after purchase.
Keep reading below because we’ll get into all the details on ways you can reheat the McDonald’s apple pie!
How Do You Reheat McDonald’s Apple Pie In the Oven?
It’s very simple to reheat McDonald’s apple pie in the microwave, and it’s one of the best ways if you want to keep the crispy outside but have a gooey apple filling in the middle.
- Put your oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Grab a cookie sheet or baking tray and lightly coat it with oil
- Take the apple pie out of the box and put it on the tray
- Bake it for 2 or 3 minutes, then flip it over and bake another 2 or 3 minutes
- Get it out of the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before you enjoy it
Additionally, you can add a couple of minutes to the cooking time if you want to get the apple pie even crispier, but it’s important to note it can burn if it’s cooked too long, so be cautious of that.
How Do You Reheat McDonald’s Apple Pie In the Microwave?
Reheating McDonald’s apple pie in the microwave is the quickest method for getting the pie hot again, although it doesn’t retain the crispness with this method quite as well.
- Take the apple pie out of the box and place it on a plate
- Heat it in the microwave at 10-second intervals and check for doneness after each interval
- It should only take a maximum of 40 seconds to reheat the apple pie fully, and the middle may start to bubble the closer you get to that 40 seconds
- Make sure you let it cool before you serve the apple pie, as the middle filling will be incredibly hot
How Do You Reheat McDonald’s Apple Pie In the Air Fryer?
The best method for reheating McDonald’s apple pie is by using the air fryer, and you can maintain the full crispiness of the pie without sacrificing the delicious pie filling in the middle.
- Turn your air fryer on and set it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Take the apple pie out of the box and place it into the air fryer basket
- Cook for 2 or 3 minutes or until you see the middle start to bubble
- Remove your apple pie and allow it to cool for a few minutes before eating
Further, you want to make sure that you see the bubbles coming from the middle because that is how you know it’s cooked evenly and all the way through.
Can You Eat McDonald’s Apple Pie the Next Day?
It’s perfectly acceptable to enjoy the McDonald’s apple pie the next day as long as you’ve placed the apple pie in the refrigerator within a few hours after you’ve purchased it.
On top of that, storing it in the refrigerator allows the pie to be food for 2 days after purchase, so you can eat half of it the next day and then save a little for the following day if you want.
Can You Freeze McDonald’s Apple Pie?
Freezing McDonald’s apple pie is a great way to store it if you’ve purchased more than one and cannot eat it within two days after purchase.
On top of that, you can keep the apple pie in the freezer for up to four months, allowing you to eat it whenever you crave a sweet treat.
Just follow these steps to properly store the apple pies in the freezer:
- Take the apple pies out of the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature
- Remove the pies from the boxes and place them apart from each other on a baking sheet
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for up to 3 hours or until they are frozen
- Remove from the baking sheet and transfer them into a freezer bag
- Ensure that all of the air is out of the freezer bags and seal the bag so it’s airtight, and then put it back into the freezer to keep them fresh