There are many businesses that offer discounts for senior citizens, from restaurants to retail stores. So if you or someone you know qualifies as a senior, you may wonder if Kohl’s offers a senior discount.
So, does Kohl’s offer a senior discount? Keep reading through this article to see what I discovered!
Does Kohl’s Have A Senior Discount In 2022?
Kohl’s does offer a 15% senior citizen discount for select clothing, shoes, jewelry, and other products on Wednesdays as of 2022. Customers must be a minimum of 60 years of age to qualify for the discount and must provide a valid form of ID at checkout for confirmation.
If you’d like to learn more about how to receive a senior discount, which coupons it can be combined with, whether it’s available online, and more, continue reading through this article!
How Do I Get The Senior Discount At Kohl’s?
In order to qualify for the senior discount, customers must be at least 60 years old. You’ll need to bring a valid form of ID with you in order to provide proof of your age.
Additionally, customers over the age of 60 are not required to download or print any special coupon code to receive the discount.
Kohl’s only requires verification of age, as their senior discount is applied manually through their computer system.
Is Wednesday Senior Discount Day At Every Kohl’s Store?
According to Kohls.com, Wednesday is the designated Senior Discount Day for every Kohl’s location. The discount cannot be applied to purchases on any other day of the week.
Is Kohl’s Senior Discount Stackable?
Kohl’s does allow the senior discount to be combined with certain discounts, coupons, and store deals.
Below are the listed coupons that customers are allowed to combine the discount with, and the coupons that are ineligible:
- All dollar-off discounts
- Kohl’s Cash
- Kohl’s Rewards
- Promotional Gifts
- Percentage-off coupons
If you’re using the senior discount, the Kohl’s Cash and other dollar-off coupons will be applied to your purchase before your discount is applied.
What Can You Not Use the Kohl’s Senior Discount For?
There are some exclusions to the Kohl’s senior discount with exclusions that vary both per category and brand.
All merchandise that is eligible for the discount will be so indicated in your local Kohl’s store. Unfortunately, the following items listed cannot have the senior discount applied:
- Gift cards
- Kohl’s Cares merchandise and other charity items
- Various online exclusive deals
- Premium athletic equipment
- Beauty and fragrance products
- Consumables (snack foods, gum, etc)
- Items curated by Kohl’s brands
- Various electronics (will be indicated in-store)
- Premium electronics
- Various novelty gifts (will be indicated in-store)
- Sporting goods
- Sports team merchandise/equipment
- Premium sunglasses
The following brands listed do not qualify for the senior discount:
- KitchenAid (selected products; will be indicated in-store)
- Koolaburra by UGG
- Land’s End
Additionally, the Kohl’s senior discount cannot be applied to price adjustments, prior purchases, or Kohl’s Card payments. This discount is also non-transferable and can not be used to pay shipping/handling fees.
Which Other Discounts Does Kohl’s Currently Offer?
Kohl’s currently offers a variety of percent-off and dollar-off discounts both in their store and online. These discounts change per season and per month, and the updated discounts can be found both in-store and online.
Kohl’s offers seasonal coupons such as Kohl’s Cash, as well as the discounts Kohl’s Card Members receive both as new users and when they rank up a certain level of credit.
Additionally, these coupons can be stacked and used in one lump sum at checkout, as long as they’re still valid.
Does Kohl’s Offer The Senior Discount Online?
Unfortunately, Kohl’s does not currently offer the senior discount on its website.
Which Other Clothing Stores Offer Senior Discounts?
Next to Kohl’s, there are a variety of other clothing stores currently offering senior discounts. They are listed below:
- Tanger Outlets offers a coupon book for seniors valued at $1,000 in savings. In order to receive the discount, seniors must be AARP Members. Fortunately, this discount is offered every day in the Tanger store locations.
- JOANN offers a 20% off discount for seniors. The day it’s offered varies per store location, but the schedule can be found in your local store. In order to receive the discount, seniors must be at least 55 years of age and provide proof of ID.
- Goodwill offers a 10% discount to seniors every Tuesday. Customers must be at least 60 years of age to qualify for the discount.
Ross Dress for Less
- Ross Dress for Less offers a 10% discount to seniors who are at least 55 years of age. They offer this discount every Tuesday, and customers must provide a photo ID at checkout for verification.
- Walgreens currently offers a 20% discount for seniors both for in-store merchandise and cash rewards. Unlike the above-listed stores, Walgreens offers their discount both in-store and online.
- In order to qualify for this discount, customers must be at least 55 years of age. They must be an AARP Member and hold a myWalgreens account.
- The day for senior discounts varies per store, but you can find the time specific to your location in your local Walgreens store.
Kohl’s currently offers a senior discount valued at 15% off select merchandise. In order to qualify for the discount, customers must be at least 60 years of age. They must also be willing to provide a valid ID to confirm their age. They will not qualify otherwise.
Senior Discount Day is currently offered every Wednesday at all Kohl’s stores. The discount can be combined with dollar-off coupons, including Kohl’s Cash. It cannot be used for percent off coupons. Kohl’s currently doesn’t offer their senior discount online.