Undeniably, McDonald’s is the most iconic fast-food restaurant chain in the UK. However, despite its dominance, the company may offer services that customers can categorize to be sub-par.
So, if you personally have a complaint against McDonald’s UK, but are unsure how to file it, keep reading this article to see what I discovered on the topic!
How Does McDonald’s Handle and Receive Complaints In 2023?
McDonald’s UK accepts complaints from customers dissatisfied with its services or products in 2023. The restaurant has a Customer Care department that handles issues raised by consumers. Customers can also air their complaints through numerous channels, such as the use of social media pages. Unfortunately, though, a good number of customers are dissatisfied with how McDonald’s handles complaints.
If you are curious to know more about how Mcdonald’s handles and receives complaints, how to make one, the common types of complaints against McDonald’s, and more, read on for more facts!
How Do I Make a Complaint to McDonald’s UK?
You can launch your complaint by calling customer service (0370-524-4622) and speaking directly to the customer care team.
It’s important to note that calling the number above might take approximately 30+ minutes for your call to be received.
Alternatively, you can make complaints in-person while on the restaurant floor, addressing any staff available or at the customer care help desk.
In the unlikely event that you don’t get satisfied with the answers, then you can ask to speak directly to the manager.
Additionally, in case of a complaint on orders or delivery, apart from calling the number above, you can still channel the complaints via emails and, lastly, visit McDonald’s social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram).
While submitting your complaints, you are required to give correct details, including contact details, for effective and faster responses to the issue.
Customers filing any complaint must be specific on the issues and provide well-detailed information on their complaints.
This certainty helps the Complaint Resolution Desk expedite the process and offer solutions.
McDonald’s appreciates the honesty of customers while lodging complaints and encourages its customers to uphold the company’s integrity in observing its code of conduct.
How Can I Contact McDonald’s UK?
You can reach McDonald’s UK by doing the following:
- Visiting Customer care Desk
- Calling Customer Services: 0370-524-4622
- Emailing Customer Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emailing CEO: email@example.com
- Tweeting McDonald’s (UK)
What Are Common Complaints Made Against McDonald’s UK?
The most common types of complaints made against McDonald’s UK are listed below:
- Wrong orders/Item– in most cases, customers receive items they didn’t request or mixed-up orders delivered to them.
- Missing items– customers have experienced situations where they have some items they ordered missing after a long waiting time.
- Incompetent and rude staff– some customers have had rough experiences with the McDonalds’ employees while receiving services.
- Long waiting hours/long queues– customers have always complained of the long hours waited to receive their services and proceed with their daily activities.
- Low-quality products– despite its renowned name for the best hamburger and fast foods in the UK, customers still complain about the low quality of the food they’re served.
- Delay in deliveries- Customers have complained about the hours they have to wait after placing their orders online by mobile apps. This has made them lose hope in the delivery services.
- Untidy restaurants – customers complained about how disorganized and untidy the environment in the restaurants is, creating discomfort while waiting for food.
How Can I Email McDonald’s UK?
You can email McDonald’s UK via firstname.lastname@example.org and register your complaint.
Make sure you submit the correct details of your address, phone number, and any other personal details.
The content of the email should also include the date of the event, restaurant name, and any supportive documents, such as order numbers or receipts.
This helps in fast-tracking the investigations and finding a solution to the matter lodged.
If sending an email to a McDonald’s worker, you should adhere to the format of email approved by McDonald’s UK, which is the first name & the initial for your last name.
For example: email@example.com.
How Does McDonald’s UK Recieve Customer Feedback?
This initiative also allows customers to leave their complaints and feedback.
To make this process effective and more of value, McDonald’s offers a voucher either for one Big Mac or Vegetable Deluxe, and one Medium fries or a side Salad worth 1.99 Euros.
These offers are designed to encourage more customers to participate in this initiative and probably get as many views, complaints, and feedback from customers as possible.
How Effective Is McDonald’s UK at Handling Complaints?
Unfortunately, McDonald’s has received some low ratings directed on how it handles and receives complaints.
For instance, the restaurant has received 1.6 stars, a “bad” rating on trust pilots. The rating was attained after analyzing 3,768 reviews.
Moreover, site jabber awarded McDonald UK a rating of 1.25 stars from four reviews.
McDonald’s customers can use platforms such as speaking directly on the floor, making calls on the toll-free number, and social media pages to air their complaints.
After all the procedures of launching complaints are all adhered to, customers can rest assured that the company’s technical team will look into it and provide an answer as soon as possible.