Mercari is a popular e-commerce app that helps you sell your old items and find new things to buy.
Well, because PayPal is such a popular financial tool to buy and sell with, you are probably wondering if you can use PayPal on Mercari? I looked into Mercari, and this is what I discovered!
Does Mercari Accept PayPal In 2024?
Mercari does accept PayPal as a payment method in 2024. Moreover, to use PayPal with Mercari, you have to set PayPal up on your Mercari account, and you can do that through checkout or Mercari settings. Additionally, if PayPal isn’t working with Mercari, it’s because of an issue that is simple to fix, such as a mismatched email address.
Read on to learn more about how to use PayPal on Mercari, why you’re having and how to fix issues with PayPal on Mercari, and more!
How Do I Pay with PayPal on Mercari?
To use PayPal on Mercari, you first have to set PayPal up on your Mercari account. You can set PayPal up on your account through checkout or your Mercari settings.
To set up PayPal through checkout:
- Select the items you wish to purchase, and proceed to checkout
- Once at checkout, click “Card & Billing”
- Next, click “Connect with PayPal”
- Then, log into your PayPal account, and agree to PayPal’s Terms of Service
- Last, continue with your checkout and finalize your purchase
Moreover, to set up PayPal through your Mercari Settings, use the following method:
- First, log into your Mercari account
- Second, go to “Settings,” and then “My Payments”
- Then, click “Connect with PayPal”
- Next, put in your PayPal information
- Finally, agree to PayPal’s Terms of Service
Why Isn’t My PayPal Working on Mercari?
If you’re having trouble purchasing items on Mercari with PayPal, there are several different reasons for this issue.
It may be one of the following:
- You are using a different email on Mercari than on PayPal
- You may have entered the wrong password for your PayPal account
- There may not be enough money on your PayPal account, the cards, or bank account link to your PayPal account
- PayPal might have blocked the transaction
Moreover, to get PayPal to work again, you need to check your email on both Mercari and PayPal and make sure they match.
Additionally, check your PayPal password and make sure it’s correct.
Furthermore, you should check your PayPal balance and the balance on your credit card(s) and bank account.
Last, if your payment still isn’t working, and you have tried all of the previous solutions, you need to contact PayPal directly.
Do You Need PayPal to Sell on Mercari?
Even though Mercari does accept PayPal as a payment method, and PayPal is a very popular financial tool for buying and selling online, you don’t need to have PayPal to sell or buy.
Fortunately, Mercari has its system for transactions and depositing money. Mercari has its direct deposit, instant pay, and Mercari balance.
Additionally, Mercari also accepts other forms of payment methods besides PayPal.
What Payment Methods Does Mercari Accept?
Along with PayPal, payment methods Mercari accepts are:
- Apple Pay
- American Express
How Do I Receive Money from Mercari?
You can cash out on Mercari through direct deposit or Instant Pay. However, direct deposits only work with checking accounts.
To setup Instant Pay:
- Verify your government ID
- This can take up to 48 hours, but is usually done within minutes
- Then, add a debit card
- Currently, only Visa and MasterCard will work with Instant Pay
Once you have added a card, you will be able to use Instant Pay.
Furthermore, to request a direct deposit:
- First, log into your Mercari account
- Then, go to “My Page”
- Next, click “Settings,” and then “Balance”
- Last, enter the details and amount you want to deposit, and finalize the deposit
Thankfully, Mercari does accept PayPal as a payment method along with Visa, Apple Pay, etc. Additionally, PayPal is easy to set up on Mercari; you can set it up through your Mercari settings or at checkout.
Furthermore, if you have an error with PayPal on Mercari, it’s usually a simple error with a simple fix. For example, you may have just entered the wrong password for your PayPal account, and all you need to do is enter the correct password.