Working at PetSmart, one of the leading pet care stores in the US comes along with a well-elaborated job description as well as the terms and conditions of the position.
Thus, individuals yearning to work as early morning stockers at PetSmart should be conversant with the duties of the role. If you want to find out more about the early morning stocker position at PetSmart, keep reading!
What Are Early Morning Stocker’s Duties at PetSmart In 2024?
An early morning stocker at PetSmart works in the morning hours before opening hours to set up the store. Generally, the role requires unpacking of merchandise pallets, stocking, and organizing shelves. Thus, the main role of the early morning stockers is to ensure that merchandise is made readily available for purchase by customers.
If you want to know more about the duties and responsibilities of an early morning stocker at PetSmart, the pay, the hours, and much more, keep reading!
What Are the Duties and Responsibilities of an Early Morning Stocker at PetSmart?
The main duties and responsibilities of an early morning stocker at PetSmart are to ensure that shelves are stocked and correctly placed for better shopping experiences by pet owners.
Ideally, the role requires working on non-operational hours of the store such as weekends and holidays to ensure that the store is correctly set up before its opening hours.
Other duties and responsibilities attached to the position of an early morning stocker at PetSmart include the following:
- Ensuring that storage areas and shelves are stocked with the right products
- Ensuring that all misplaced products are placed on correct shelves
- Unpacking and breaking down merchandise pallets and cartons
- Displaying price tags and advertising signs
- Offering exemplary customer services in helping customers locate and select the most suitable solutions
- Maintaining the cleanliness of display cases, aisles, and shelves
What Are the Skills Necessary for a PetSmart Early Morning Stocker?
There are no specific academic qualifications for being an early morning stocker at PetSmart.
However, the position needs interpersonal skills in order to ensure that items are correctly stocked. Among the skills necessary for this role include:
- The employee must pay attention to detail and must be able to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- The employee must have physical strength as well as stamina to lift items, carry merchandise in boxes, and continuously stand and bend during a shift.
- If the store requires an employee to use a forklift in unpacking merchandise, then the employee must be certified to operate a forklift and be familiar with safety procedures that come along handling with the machinery.
- The employee must be ready to work in a teamwork environment.
- The employee must have excellent communication skills as well as customer service skills for regular situations that they may need to interact with customers.
What Are the Career Opportunities for PetSmart Early Morning Stockers?
As an early morning stocker at PetSmart, the available career opportunities include the following:
- The employee gains experience in different small business units.
- The employee develops their leadership skills for roles like Department or Assistant Manager.
- The employee gains expertise in tackling the challenges of opening a new store.
- The employee becomes eligible to transfer to any of PetSmart’s 1600 stores spread across the United States.
What Are the Hours for an Early Morning Stocker at PetSmart?
PetSmart working hours for early morning stockers begin at 3 am, 4 am, 5 am or 6 am, depending on the scheduling of specific stores and the size of trucks available for unlading.
The timings of this role are super early to ensure that employees do a lot of work before the store opens at 9 am.
The average working hours for the position are approximately 4-8 hours depending on the scheduling of the store and how much merchandise was on the truck.
How Much Does a PetSmart Early Morning Stocker Make?
A PetSmart early morning stocker makes an average of $11 per hour. However, this figure may vary slightly, within the range of $9- $16 per hour, depending on the store location.
Is an Early Morning Stocker at PetSmart Full Time?
The position of an early morning stocker at PetSmart can either be on a part-time or full-time basis, depending on the availability of the associate.
PetSmart working hours are flexible, and allow associates to report their availability before scheduling.
Is Being a PetSmart Early Morning Stocker a Good Job?
Working at PetSmart as an early morning stocker is a fairly good job, as the company offers its employees good wages and flexible hours.
Furthermore, the company offers an outstanding benefits package for full-time associates.
Therefore, if you’re a full-time early morning stocker working 36 hours a week or more, you are eligible to participate in the company’s Canada and US benefits programs.
These benefits include the following:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Associate discount
- Life insurance and AD&D
- Paid time off
- Adoption assistance
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible spending accounts, among others
Furthermore, the position offers a great learning experience, alongside lots of advancement opportunities.
Is Working as a PetSmart Early Morning Stocker Hard?
Working as a PetSmart early morning stocker may be considered hard, due to the high level of physical work and fast work environment.
Moreover, due to the high level of physical activity involved in unloading trucks, the position may be physically draining especially, if a shift is understaffed.
However, the position has internal breaks in between the shifts.
PetSmart early morning stockers are associates who work early mornings before the stores open, to ensure that shelves are well stocked and accurately arranged.
Thus, they are tasked with the responsibility of setting up the stores by unloading merchandise, separating them on pallets, and making them readily available for purchase.