Subway is a multinational restaurant franchise that serves many customers in the UK, and undoubtedly deals with a considerable number of complaints.
It has established a resolution system to help it deal with the complaints effectively. If you’d like to know how the system works, kindly read on!
How Does Subway Handle Customer Complaints in the UK In 2023?
Subway UK customers can lodge their complaints online or offline, and through extraneous channels, such as consumer protection agencies, advocacy and review groups, and the law. Common complaints to Subway UK include lousy food, slow service, wrongful billing, and terrible customer support in 2023.
Keep reading if you would like to know more about how to complain to Subway UK, how it handles complaints, and much more!
How Do I Lodge My Complaint Against Subway UK?
If an incident occurs in a restaurant, you may get a quicker resolution by reporting it first to customer support.
The employee who serves you can deal with most minor issues, like putting your order right or speeding up your service.
Nonetheless, you have the right to escalate your complaint to a supervisor, or ask for the restaurant’s customer support representatives or management.
Subway customers can also call customer care, either at their local restaurant or corporate level.
Calling may take a while, waiting and navigating for live support, so you need to have all the necessary details at hand before you call.
You may also go online by emailing the Contact Us page, and accessing customer support via Subway UK’s social media pages.
If you are filing legal papers at some point, you will need Subway UK’s physical address at the headquarters.
What Are Subway UK’s Customer Support Contacts?
Subway Uk customer support contacts include the following.
- Telephone: 0800 0855058 Direct
- Switchboard: 01223 550820
- Website: contact page
- Postal Address: 10 Thackeray Road, Exeter, Devon, EX 48HD
Where Else Can I Complain Against Subway UK?
Here are alternatives for where you can present your complaints against Subway UK:
Consumer Protection Agencies
The Food Standards Agency is responsible for regulating the food industry in the UK, and it does this through local agencies.
Therefore, all concerns relating to food quality, hygiene, and labeling should be reported to local authorities who investigate and then take appropriate action.
Here are the localized agencies that handle consumer complaints:
- England and Wales
Contact Citizens Advice.
- Citizens Advice
Telephone: 0808 223 1133.
Welsh language: 0808 223 1144.
Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm.
Contact Advice Direct Scotland.
- Advice Direct Scotland
Telephone: 0808 164 6000.
Working hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
- Northern Ireland
Contact Consumer line.
- Consumer line
Telephone: 0300 123 6262
Working hours: Monday to Thursday, 9 am to 5 pm, Friday, 9 am to 4 pm
You should find the appropriate ombudsman to investigate and help resolve your complaint.
Small Claims Court
Most of the claims arising from your transactions with Subway UK will fall under ‘small claims.’
Such claims can be filed in county courts, using a procedure designed to be simpler and less costly than a conventional trial.
However, make sure you have a solid case before beginning this process, as frivolous suits are not looked upon too kindly.
The procedure differs in different parts of the UK, but keep to this general format:
- You must first write a “Letter Before Action” to the defendant, Subway UK.
- The letter must be headed “Letter Before Action,” clearly defining the plaintiff and defendant, outlining the cause of action and the response you expect.
- The defendant will reply in 14 days, indicating their position and if they intend to counterclaim.
- If the response doesn’t satisfy you, Fill out, download, and print the “N1 Claim Form” and send it by post.
- Alternatively, you can make your claim online if you know the exact amount you are claiming and have an address in the UK.
- The Court will send the defendant a copy, and they should reply in 14 days. If they don’t, you can apply to Court for a judgment by default.
- Otherwise, if the defendant disagrees with your claim, the Court may suggest Small Claims Mediation.
- If you disagree, then the matter goes to hearing.
Customers who complain on review sites may hope for some sort of response, especially if there is a possibility of adverse publicity.
Some review sites also offer to present customers’ complaints and follow up till resolution.
What Are Common Complaints Filed Against Subway UK?
Here are the common complaints made against Subway UK:
- Sometimes the restaurants are understaffed, which leads to long waiting times.
- The customer service is at times inaccessible and unresponsive.
- The staff tends to get customers’ orders wrong.
- Subway UK’s staff has been accused of discriminative behavior.
- The food is sometimes poorly prepared and in an unhygienic manner.
- There are issues with payment methods and billing.
Subway UK customers have a variety of ways they can reach the company to lodge their complaints through its complaint resolution mechanism.
Further, they can also air their grievances through consumer protection agencies, advocacy and review sites, and Small Claims Courts.