According to consumers, Trader Joe’s has one of the best freezer sections out of grocery stores across the United States. One popular item you can pick up from the frozen aisle of Trader Joe’s is fried rice.
You might want to consider heading over to your local Trader Joe’s for some fried rice, because not only does it have different flavors but it also has a vegan option. Keep reading because I’ve got 10 things you’ll want to know before buying Trader Joe’s Fried Rice!
10 Things to Know Before Buying Trader Joe’s Fried Rice In 2022
1. Customers Say Trader Joe’s Fried Rice Is Very Good
According to customer reviews, Trader Joe’s Fried Rice is really delicious. In fact, one customer says Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice is a staple in their freezer.
Another customer suggests adding some soy sauce and an egg for more flavor to your Vegetable Fried Rice.
Unfortunately, it seems that Trader Joe’s Spicy Thai Shrimp Fried Rice is not a customer favorite when it comes to Trader Joe’s selection of fried rice.
2. Trader Joe’s Fried Rice Is Not Gluten-Free
Although rice is generally gluten-free, Trader Joe’s Fried Rice is not. This is because each of Trader Joe’s Fried Rice options says that they may contain wheat.
Though most vegetables, rice, and other things that are usually used in fried rice are gluten-free, you have to be careful of seasonings and sauces that may be added which contain wheat.
3. Some Flavors of Trader Joe’s Fried Rice Is Vegan
Luckily, Trader Joe’s Vegetable Fried Rice does not contain any animal-derived products, so it is completely vegan friendly.
It is packed with the following ingredients:
- Green peas
- Red bell pepper
Additionally, the fried rice is seasoned with soy sauce, rice wine, sugar, onions, seaweed, salt, and sesame oil.
As a tip, you may want to consider pairing this dish with something like Trader Joe’s Chicken-less Mandarin Orange Morsels for a more filling meal.
4. Trader Joe’s Has Different Kinds of Fried Rice
Trader Joe’s has a few options when it comes to fried rice, whether you like your fried rice with or without meat, and whether you prefer it to be spicy or not.
The options that Trader Joe’s has to offer are as follows:
- Vegetable Fried Rice
- Spicy Thai Shrimp Fried Rice
- Bulgogi Beef Fried Rice With Kimchi
5. Cooking Trader Joe’s Fried Rice Is Quick and Simple
There are a few ways to cook Trader Joe’s fried rice, and though there are three different kinds, they are cooked in very similar ways.
You can cook them in either the microwave or on the stovetop.
Starting with the package directions for Trader Joe’s Vegetable fried rice, the stovetop instructions are as follows:
- Heat approximately 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a non-stick frying pan or wok.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of contents into the pan.
- Cook on medium, stirring continuously for 5 minutes or until cooked thoroughly to 165F.
Here are the microwave instructions:
- Add 1 ½ cups of Frozen Vegetable Rice in a microwavable container, cover, and cook on high for 2 minutes or until cooked thoroughly to 165F.
For its Spicy Thai Shrimp Fried Rice, the instructions are very similar, and are as follows:
- Warm a large saucepan with some oil in it.
- Toss in 1 portion of shrimp from the package.
- Cook the shrimp until they begin to turn pink.
- Mix in 1 portion of rice and heat for about 3-5 minutes.
Lastly, the package cooking directions for microwaving the Trader Joe’s Bulgogi Beef Fried Rice With Kimchi are as follows:
- Empty contents of bag into microwave-safe dish and cover.
- Cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Remove cover and stir.
- Replace, cover, and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Carefully remove from microwave.
The pan-fry instructions are here:
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add contents of the bag and cook for 7 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Stir frequently.
6. Trader Joe’s Doesn’t Make Its Own Fried Rice
Although it may come as a surprise, Trader Joe’s doesn’t have a factory where it makes its own products, such as fried rice.
Instead, it gets its supplies from other well-known manufacturers and suppliers across the United States.
7. Trader Joe’s Fried Rice Is Found in the Freezer Aisle
Trader Joe’s freezer aisle is one of the most popular sections in the store, and there you can find a lot of great items.
No doubt, we all have days where we don’t feel like spending an excessive amount of time in the kitchen and we want to just pull something out of the freezer that requires little to no effort.
Luckily, that is why Trader Joe’s has yummy options like its fried rice.
8. Fried Rice From Trader Joe’s Doesn’t Take Long to Cook
As mentioned previously, Trader Joe’s Fried Rice is a great option for a quick meal because it does not take a long time to prepare at all.
In fact, Trader Joe’s fried rice, depending on the flavor, can be made in as little as 5 minutes.
9. Fried Rice From Trader Joe’s Is a Healthier Option
Is anything from the freezer aisle going to be super healthy? Maybe not exactly, however, Trader Joe’s Fried Rice is certainly one of the better options you can reach for.
When thinking about what you are putting in your body, there are always things that need to be considered.
Such as, whether or not you are getting your daily recommended source of vitamins from a product, or if it has an excessive amount of sugar or fats.
You’ll always want to read the label to get a clearer understanding of what exactly you are eating.
Luckily, most of Trader Joe’s products are made with the freshest possible ingredients and not to mention that most of its products are organic.
10. There Are Other Stores That Sell Fried Rice
If you are wanting to try Trader Joe’s fried rice but you don’t have a location in your area, you might want to try another brand from a grocery store that is more convenient for you.
Some other stores that carry frozen fried rice are as follows:
- Smart & Final
- Lucky Supermarkets
- Sprouts Farmers Market
To learn more, you can also read our posts on the things to know before buying mac & cheese, gnocchi, and chicken.
Of course, if you are looking to get your hands on some fried rice, there is always the option of heading to your nearest Chinese restaurant, but sometimes we just want something cheaper that is simple to make at home.
Thankfully, Trader Joe’s has some pretty good fried rice and is a great option for when you are not wanting to leave the comfort of your own home.