Gift cards are easy and common gifts for any occasion, and they are especially nice because you can use them like a credit card.
If you have a Visa gift card and are wondering if you can transfer the money to your PayPal balance, I looked into it, and this is what I discovered!
Does PayPal Accept Visa Gift Cards In 2023?
PayPal will accept your Visa gift card anywhere that PayPal is accepted in 2023. Furthermore, you can transfer the funds from your gift card to your account in two ways. First, by adding the gift card as a payment method to your PayPal Wallet. Second, you can transfer the money to your bank account and then to your PayPal balance.
If you want to learn more about how to transfer the money from your gift card, to your bank account, to your PayPal balance, and more, keep reading!
Can I Transfer Money from a Visa Gift Card to PayPal?
You can add your gift card money to your PayPal balance in two (2) ways:
- Transferring the money to your bank account and then to your PayPal account
- Adding your gift card to your PayPal wallet
First of all, adding your gift card to your PayPal wallet is the same as adding a regular credit or debit card. Therefore, to add your gift card to your PayPal wallet, do the following:
- First, log into your PayPal account
- Second, go to your “Wallet”
- Then, click “Link a debit or credit card”
- Next, enter your card information, and follow any extra instructions
- Last, click “Link Card”
Additionally, to transfer the money on your gift card to your bank account and then to your PayPal account, you must first have your bank account connected to your PayPal.
Moreover, you also need to check to see if the gift card is “Not Transferable.” If the gift card is “Not Transferable,” you will not be able to transfer the funds to your bank account.
Furthermore, transferring money to your bank account differs, depending on your bank and its guidelines. The best way to transfer money from a gift card to your account may be to call them.
Moreover, To transfer money from your bank account to your PayPal account, do the following:
- Start by logging in to your PayPal account
- Next, go to “Wallet,” and click “Transfer Money”
- Then, click “Add money to your balance”
- Following, select your bank account
- After, enter the amount you want to transfer
- Here you can enter however much you want to transfer. However, if you are wanting to transfer the money from the gift card, you will want to enter that exact amount
- Finally, click “Add”
Additionally, it will take between 3-5 business days to transfer the money into your bank account, unless you choose to do an instant transfer.
How Do I Transfer a Visa Gift Card to My Bank Account from PayPal?
Fortunately, you can also transfer money from your Visa gift card to your bank account after it has been added to your PayPal account.
Previously, I stated how to add your Visa gift card to your PayPal Wallet.
Furthermore, after you have added the funds to your PayPal Wallet, if you wish to transfer the funds to your bank account, you can do so by utilizing this method:
- First, log in to your PayPal account
- Then, click “Transfer Money”
- Next, click “Transfer to your bank”
- Following, choose your bank account and click “Next”
- After, put the amount you want to transfer
- Furthermore, you can add any amount you want to add, but if you want to transfer the gift card amount, you will want to add that amount
- Last, review the details, click “Transfer Now,” and click “Done” to finalize the transfer
Can You Withdraw Money from a Visa Gift Card?
Unfortunately, you cannot withdraw money from a gift card. Firstly, this is because most gift cards come without PINs, and you cannot withdraw money from an ATM without a PIN
Secondly, stores will not allow you to get “cash back” from a gift card.
However, some gift cards do come with PINs now for security reasons, so if you would like to try to withdraw money from the ATM, you can try.
Additionally, you can read the terms and conditions on the back of your card for any extra details.
PayPal will allow you to add your Visa gift cards to your PayPal account in two ways, however, only one way is considered a transfer.
One way is to transfer the money from the gift card to your bank account, and then into your PayPal balance. Another way is to add the gift card to your PayPal Wallet.