Do you like baking and have a knack for creating artistic baked goods? If so, have you thought about a job as a Walmart Baker? Walmart is a giant retailer and always hiring new workers.
Before you apply to be a Baker at Walmart, it’s helpful to know what you’ll be responsible for, how much you’ll earn, and if any perks come with the job. I’ve done all the research on the matter, so you don’t have to!
Walmart Baker Job In 2022
A Walmart Baker earns about $12 an hour and is responsible for preparing baked goods, including following recipes and directions to make the items as of 2022. Also, you’ll have to package, label, and store the baked items following company policy and food safety standards. Bakers will greet customers, take orders, and answer customer questions about baked goods.
Do you want to know other facts about the Walmart Baker job, such as whether it’s a good job and other useful information? Read below to find out all there is to know about this job!
What Does A Walmart Baker Do?
A Walmart Baker prepares baked items every day, so they’re fresh and ready for customers to purchase at Walmart stores.
Furthermore, you’ll have to follow recipes, wrap each item, label the bakery products, and store the items to ensure both freshness and quality that customers expect.
On top of that, other job duties of a Baker at Walmart include:
- Smile and greet all customers and answer their questions about bakery products
- Provide excellent customer service to everyone in the store
- Maintain a clean and safe area for both staff and customers
- Sanitize and follow all disinfection guidelines set forth by Walmart
- Help customers with bakery orders
- Communicate with co-workers and customers both in a verbal and written manner
- Know which bakery items need to be made for that day
- Operate the bakery equipment safely
- Follow compliance on cold food items
- Keep track of inventory
- Know how to layout products and execute them properly
- Use digital tools to produce bakery items, increase sales, enhance customer engagement
- Adapt to new digital tools and equipment
- Follow date and quality control for all bakery products
- Remove expired bakery products or damaged goods
- Designing and icing cookies, cakes, pies, and other dessert items
Moreover, there may be additional job duties and responsibilities at your specific Walmart location, but these are part of the Baker job regardless of location or store size.
How Much Do Walmart Bakery Workers Make?
A Baker at Walmart makes $12.03 an hour on average, although pay can range from $11 to $13 an hour depending on experience, skills, and location.
What Qualifications Are Needed To Be A Baker At Walmart?
The only qualification to be a Baker at Walmart is that you are over the age of 18 since you have to be an adult to run the machinery and equipment in the bakery department.
However, some Walmart locations may only hire someone with a background in baking, such as through culinary school or vocational school.
Still, there’s on-the-job training for the position, so most people will be able to get the job without any previous experience in the field. Although, prior experience can help you get higher starting pay.
What Skills Are Important For A Walmart Baker Job?
Specific skills and personality traits will help you be successful as a Walmart Baker, including:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Having a positive attitude
- Being able to stand for long periods
- Being able to multitask
- Be customer-service oriented and enjoy talking to people
- Being a problem-solver and knowing how to tackle a problem quickly and effectively
- Having knowledge regarding baking, knowing cooking basics, and being able to follow recipes exactly as written
- Being creative and having the ability to design products to customer specifications
Is A Walmart Baker A Good Job?
Employees have said that being a Walmart Baker is an excellent job if you like to bake cakes, cookies, bread, and other bakery products and have an artistic and creative side.
However, the Walmart Baker job can be stressful because you have customers who’ll be rude and demand things that are impossible for you to deliver on.
Furthermore, you’ll have to stock and get supplies from the back, so it can be physically demanding at times, with you having to lift boxes, bend over, crouch, and twist.
Still, it can be very rewarding to bake items and have customers tell you how much they enjoyed them and design products in various ways.
But, an issue a lot of employees have with Walmart is management, which can make you feel underappreciated and overwhelmed with constant demands and lack of communication.
A Walmart Baker job involves producing baked goods for Walmart stores, including cakes, pies, cookies, and bread.
Additionally, Bakers follow recipes to make baked goods in-store while decorating, packaging, labeling, and storing them in their proper locations.
Also, a Baker is responsible for greeting customers, answering questions about baked goods, and baking products to meet customer expectations.
While being a Baker can be stressful, it’s also a gratifying job if you like to bake and enjoy making products that others will be consuming.