If you enjoy working around people and love customer-service-oriented jobs, have you thought about becoming a Walmart Gas Station Attendant? Naturally, you probably have some questions about the job before you consider applying.
Fortunately, I’ll tell you the job duties, pay, and other details of a Walmart Gas Station Attendant so you can figure out if this is the right job for you!
Walmart Gas Station Attendant In 2023
A Walmart Gas Station Attendant’s primary job responsibilities include operating the cash registers, providing customer service, and operating the fuel dispensers at Walmart locations as of 2023. This includes turning the pumps on for customers when they prepay for their fuel, grabbing tobacco products requested by customers, and filling up the grab-and-go products in the display cases.
Do you want to know even more about the Walmart Gas Station Attendant job, such as the qualifications and pay? Read below to learn all that and a lot more!
What Does A Fuel Station Associate At Walmart Do?
A Walmart Gas Station Attendant is responsible for the daily operations of the fuel center at Walmart, including complying with regulations and stocking grab-and-go products.
Furthermore, your job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Operating cash registers and related items used to process the various payment types supported at Walmart, including cash, contactless payments, and credit cards
- Operating gas station equipment and providing services to customers as requested
- Maintaining a clean area at all times and sanitizing workstations as needed
- Ensuring the display cases are organized and stocked
- Filling tobacco products and handling customer tobacco requests
- Removing bad or damaged products
- Promote products and services offered by Walmart
- Make sure signs are posted with proper prices and adjust them as required
- Complete all documentation and paperwork as needed
- Assisting customers with gasoline dispensing
- Monitor all of the gas dispensers
- Put all proper cash and documentation in the register
- Helping customers with other related issues or services or pointing them in the right direction if you cannot help with their problem
Of course, you may have other duties and job assignments as part of your job working as a Walmart Gas Station Attendant, but this list includes all of the essential job duties.
How Much Does A Walmart Fuel Attendant Make?
A Walmart Gas Station Attendant makes an average of $11.36 an hour, but the pay can range between $10 to $12 an hour depending on experience and location.
Is The Walmart Gas Station Attendant A Good Job?
If you enjoy working around people, you’ll love being a Walmart Gas Station Attendant because you’ll have plenty of opportunities to meet new people!
However, employees often mention that management at Walmart is an issue, so you might have managers who don’t communicate well or overwork you.
Still, the pay is very good for the work, and if you’re a full-time employee, there are several benefits Walmart offers, including:
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
On top of that, you have a stool that you can sit on so you’re not standing all day long, making it perfect for someone with more limited physical abilities.
Moreover, there isn’t too much lifting required in this job as it’s mostly taking cash, operating the fuel pumps, and providing quality customer service.
What Qualifications Do You Need To Be A Walmart Gas Station Attendant?
The only qualification you’ll need to have to be a Walmart Gas Station Attendant is to be over the age of 18.
What Skills Are Useful For A Walmart Gas Station Attendant?
If you want to apply to become a Walmart Gas Station Attendant, some skills and qualities will benefit you, including:
- Having good customer service
- Prior experience with point-of-sale machines
- Knowing how to fill gas tanks
- Cash handling experience
- Having prior payment processing experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Knowing how to check fluids in vehicles
A Walmart Gas Station Attendant provides excellent customer service to those that visit the fuel area, handles cash payments, and operates fuel pumps.
Additionally, you will be filling the grab-and-go display cases, using a cash register, and processing payments such as credit cards and debit cards.
However, working as a Walmart Gas Station Attendant requires you to be attentive to customers and regularly pay attention to the pumps, but the pay ($11 an hour) is decent for the work.