Subway is known for having a wide variety of sandwiches available. You have access to an extensive array of toppings and sauces for these sandwiches.
You may be asking, what is the sauce selection at Subway? I’ve done some research, and I will provide a complete list for you while answering other relevant questions!
What Are The Sauces At Subway In 2023?
There are around 20 sauces at Subway, ranging from the sauces you would expect, such as ketchup and mayonnaise, to healthier sauces such as honey mustard, and even some sauces from different cuisines such as tzatziki as of 2023. Also, there’s no limit to the number of sauces you can get on your sub.
If you want to learn more about all of the sauces that Subway provides and more, then read on!
What Sauces Are Available At All Subway Restaurants?
There are a few sauces that you should be able to find at all Subway restaurants, including:
- Ketchup (made with tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, and spices)
- Mayonnaise (made by emulsifying eggs, oil, and some type of acid, usually vinegar or lemon juice)
- Light mayonnaise (contains less cholesterol and less saturated fat than the full-fat version)
- Ranch (made from buttermilk, salt, garlic, onion, mustard, herbs, and spices mixed into a sauce with a mayonnaise base)
- Olive oil
- Subway vinaigrette (tangy and tart sauce containing water, soybean oil, vinegar, sugar, salt, modified corn starch, spices, hydrolyzed corn and soy protein, dehydrated parsley, xanthan gum, dehydrated garlic, yeast extract, dehydrated onion, and various chemicals)
- Chipotle Southwest sauce (spicy and creamy sauce with a little bit of sweetness. It contains mayonnaise, chipotle paste, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion granules, chili powder, and salt)
Are There Any Healthy Sauces At Subway?
Subway has a lot of healthy options for its sandwiches, such as chicken, turkey, and vegetarian/vegan options.
Also, Subway has a few sauces that are significantly healthier than the others, including:
- Fat-free mustard (ground mustard seeds mixed with water, vinegar, salt, and other flavorings and spices)
- Sweet onion sauce (A sweet but light sauce. Ingredients include sugar, water, corn vinegar, dehydrated onion, corn starch, salt, mustard seed, spices, onion juice, poppy seed, dehydrated minced onion, dehydrated red bell pepper, cucumber juice, vinegar, celery seed, preservatives, and agents)
What Limited Sauces Are Available At Select Subway Stores?
There are a lot of sauces that are only available at select Subway stores.
With that, some of these are more common than others, but none of them will be available at every Subway restaurant. Furthermore, the limited sauces available at Subway include:
- Barbecue sauce (contains vinegar, tomato paste, sugar, and a selection of spices)
- Buffalo sauce (contains a mixture of hot sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and butter. The butter softens the rest of the flavors and creates the richness of the sauce)
- Creamy Italian dressing (contains mayonnaise, sour cream, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper, dried parsley, parmesan, and pecorino cheese)
- Golden Italian dressing (a golden yellow dressing that is spicy and has sweet flecks of red pepper throughout. The dressing also contains garlic, onion, and lemon)
- Honey mustard sauce (a sauce that’s very similar to mustard, with an added hit of honey for a sweet/tart mixture that makes for a delicious sauce)
- Savoury Caesar dressing (a tart and creamy dressing that goes perfectly with Subway salads, containing olive oil, egg yolk, Worcestershire sauce, lemon, mustard, garlic, and pepper)
- Sriracha: (made from a paste of chili peppers, garlic, distilled vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Tzatziki cucumber sauce (a traditional Greek sauce. It’s creamy, a little bit sour, and full of herbs. It contains Greek yogurt, cucumber, lemon, garlic, mint, and dill)
Is There A Limit To The Number Of Sauces I Can Get At Subway?
Thankfully, there’s no limit to the number of sauces you can get at Subway or which sauces you can mix.
That said, you can pair any of the sauces together, although not all of them will go together.
Personally, I love barbecue and southwest sauce together, as you get a well-rounded blend of sweet, spicy, and creamy.
Technically, you can get every sauce that your Subway has available on a single sandwich (I wouldn’t recommend this), although, if you put so much on your sub that it can’t be closed, the staff member may refuse to add anything more.
Subway has a large selection of sauces that cover a range of flavor profiles, from spicy, sweet, sour, and more.
Additionally, healthier sauces are available, including fat-free mustard, vinegar, and sweet onion sauce.
Finally, you can get as many sauces as you want on your sub; there’s technically no limit on how many you can get.