Are you looking to apply for a new job and want to work at Costco Wholesale? Do you have an outgoing personality and enjoy interacting with people?
If so, then you might consider applying for the Costco greeter position. If you’d like to learn more about the Costco greeter job, read below to learn more!
What is a Costco Greeter in 2022?
A Costco greeter will be the first person a customer sees as they enter the store, so they must be warm and greet each customer with a smile. Greeters will be asking to see membership cards and perform housekeeping duties at the front entrance as of 2022. As well, they will be tasked with answering any customer concerns or questions.
Would you like to know more about the Costco greeter position, such as what the hourly pay is, what the job duties are and more? If so, keep reading for more useful facts and tips!
What Does a Costco Greeter Do?
A Costco greeter is responsible for greeting customers as they enter the wholesale club, meaning they’re tasked with being the initial representative of the company when shoppers enter the store.
Further, the Costco greeter will welcome customers to the store and ask for their membership card to verify that they’re a member before they’re allowed to shop in the store.
According to an employee online, this is done to ensure that competitors aren’t entering Costco and looking at prices of merchandise and to stop people from coming in to eat food samples.
Additional job duties of a greeter at Costco include the following:
- Answering customer questions about the merchandise, store layout, and promotions
- Directing customers to the appropriate departments
- Tell customers about sales, promotions, and other special events
- Gathering carts and ensuring plenty of carts are at the entrance of the store
- Keeping the front entrance area clean and safe for customers
- Housekeeping duties such as vacuuming, sweeping floors and sanitizing the entrance
- Place stickers on items being returned by the customer
- Perform clerical duties as needed
- Provide account information to customers or order details as needed
- Administrative tasks such as answering phones
- Exit greeters will ask to see the customer receipt to ensure products range up correctly and that all items were paid for by the customer
- Solve customer issues or direct customers to appropriate customer service associates
- Any additional tasks that are asked of them by management
The greeter has similar job duties to the front-end assistant, which means that customer service, cleaning, and ensuring membership credentials are important to Costco.
How Much Does a Greeter Make at Costco?
A greeter at Costco will make $15 an hour on average, although the pay ranges from $11 to $16 an hour depending on your experience, location, and other related factors.
What Skills Do You Need to Be a Costco Greeter?
A Costco greeter is going to need to be friendly, outgoing, and be able to stand for hours as they perform their job duties.
As well, a greeter is going to need to possess certain traits and skills such as the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A high school diploma or GED
- Attention to detail
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Ability to problem-solve
- Be knowledgeable about Costco and products and services that are offered in-store
- Have teamwork skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Good stamina and physical strength
- Ability to multitask
What Hours Does a Costco Greeter Work?
A Costco Greeter will work during normal business hours of the store, which may vary by location.
Additionally, you can choose to work the morning shift or the afternoon shift, and it’s not a job where you have to show up early or stay late to complete.
Is Costco Greeter a Good Job?
Employees online have saidthat the Costco greeter job is a very good job to have, as the work environment is positive and co-workers, management, and customers are known to be quite friendly.
Furthermore, employees rave about the open-door policy management has, which means if you have concerns it’s easy to talk to your manager and find solutions.
Employees enjoy meeting new people and getting to interact with the customers that shop at Costco, and it’s easy to develop friendships with customers that regularly shop there.
The greeter job itself is very easy and you’ll love the environment, but the job security, benefits, pay, and stability of the job are what employees love the most.
Is Costco Greeter a Hard Job?
Costco greeter is not a hard job because you’re simply performing housekeeping duties, greeting customers, and answering questions.
Additionally, a lot of greeters have a bench they can sit on, so you don’t have to stand for the entire shift.
As well, being a greeter is a great job for senior citizens because of the fact it’s easy and doesn’t require any heavy lifting or overexertion.
Costco greeters are responsible for greeting customers when they come into the entrance and welcoming them to the store.
Further, greeters must ask to see membership cards before letting customers into the store to ensure they are not competitors trying to find out the prices of merchandise.