Shopping in-person at Walmart can be overwhelming, because of the vast product selection and the massive size of some of the stores. Fortunately, Walmart’s online eCommerce site allows you to do all your shopping from your house!
However, if you’ve been shopping online at Walmart, you might have noticed something called a Walmart user ID. So, what is a Walmart user ID? If you’d like to find out, keep reading this article!
What Is a Walmart User ID In 2023?
A Walmart user ID is the email you use to log in to your walmart.com account as of 2023. When you create a Walmart account, you can receive order updates, store photos online, create wish lists and registries, and get email notifications for customer service. Also, you can edit your Walmart account information at any point.
If you want to learn more about user IDs at Walmart, like how it’s different from a WIN, how you can change your personal information settings, and much more, then keep on reading for more facts and information!
What Is a Walmart User ID?
A Walmart user ID usually refers to one of two things. Primarily, the Walmart user ID refers to the email a customer uses to log in to their Walmart account. When you have a Walmart account, you’re eligible for special offers and additional features on the Walmart website.
Second, a Walmart user ID can refer to the number a Walmart employee uses to log in to the Walmart employee website.
However, this ID is referred to as WIN, so it has a different name. On the Walmart employee website, associates can check their schedule, request time off, and view employee benefits.
How Do You Create a Walmart Account?
If you shop at Walmart and want to create an account with the retail giant, Walmart makes it very simple to do so. With that, follow these steps to create an account on walmart.com:
- Go to walmart.com
- Select the “Account” button in the upper right-hand corner of the screen
- Click “Create an Account”
- Enter your name and email address
- Create a secure password and confirm the password
- Click “Create Account”
After creating an account, you can use it to log in while shopping online or use it to log in to the Walmart mobile app.
What Are the Benefits of Creating a Walmart Account?
As previously mentioned, creating an account on walmart.com comes with several benefits. Additionally, these benefits are especially noticeable if you frequently shop at Walmart. Further, some of the advantages of creating an account on walmart.com include the following:
- Receive email confirmations when your orders ship
- Email notifications in case Customer Service contacts you about your order
- Ability to store unlimited names and addresses and access them for easy checkout
- Upload, store, and share stored photos
- Ability to create wish lists and registries
How Do You Edit Your Walmart Account?
If your Walmart account information changes throughout the year, it’s very easy to alter your account settings. So, whether you need to edit your name, phone number, email, or shipping address, you can do so with a few quick steps.
Follow these steps below to edit your personal information or password on your Walmart account:
- Select “Account”
- Click on “Personal Info”
- Click on “Edit” next to the information you would like to change
- Confirm your new information
What’s the Difference Between a Walmart User ID and a WIN?
A WIN is an identification code assigned to Walmart employees, while a user ID is Walmart customers’ email to log in to their Walmart account. In regards to a WIN, it helps associates with certain employment-related transactions.
Further, Walmart uses WINs instead of using social security numbers whenever it’s possible to help protect personal information.
Also, Walmart associates use additional authentication methods, like passwords, in combination with WIN.
Essentially, a WIN is for Walmart employees, and a user ID is for Walmart customers.
How Do You Find Your WIN?
If you’re a new associate at Walmart, you might be wondering where you can find your WIN.
If you’re already logged in to the Walmart network, you can find your WIN by clicking here. Otherwise, follow these steps to find your WIN:
- Log in to one.walmart.com from your work location
- Type WIN in the search bar
- Hit “Enter”
- Select the top search result for “Walmart Identification Number (WIN) Finder”
If you want to find your WIN and you’re not at work, you’ll have to use the two-step verification process to log in.
What Do You Use Your WIN For?
As previously mentioned, an associates’ WIN has several purposes. For example, some of the things you use your WIN for include the following:
- Accessing your online pay stub
- Clocking in
- Clocking out
- Overrides and approvals on registers via badge barcode
- Reporting yourself as absent or tardy with the call-in system
- Using the Associate Emergency Information Line (get updates on your place of work after a natural disaster or another type of event and confirm all associates are accounted for)
A Walmart user ID is the email a customer uses to log in to their Walmart account online. With a Walmart account, you can get order updates, direct contact with customer service, make grocery and wish lists, and much more.
Also, a Walmart user ID is different from a WIN, which is an employee identification number.