Thousands of people work at Amazon because the company offers several benefits and pays higher than the average national wage. That said, there are a plethora of jobs available at Amazon for people to choose from.
If you’ve been browsing the Amazon job board, you might be asking, what is ICQA? And what does this stand for? I was curious about the same things and looked into it further. Here’s everything I found out about Amazon ICQA!
What Is ICQA Amazon In 2023?
ICQA stands for inventory control and quality assurance at Amazon as of 2023. The ICQA department is tasked with assessing inventory accuracy, quality of the products, and setting aside defected products. To find an ICQA job at an Amazon warehouse, visit Amazon’s job board and type in your zip code and desired job.
If you want to learn more about ICQA, the job responsibilities, the different types of product counts this department must do, and much more, keep on reading! I’ve looked into everything you need to know!
What Does ICQA Mean At Amazon?
ICQA stands for inventory control and quality assurance. At Amazon, the ICQA department is responsible for assessing the accuracy and quality of the inventory in Amazon warehouses.
With that, ICQA associates help with this task and carefully analyze the inventory.
What Processes Does ICQA Include At Amazon?
There are four processes involved in the ICQA department at Amazon. For example, here is a list of the processes Amazon’s ICQA department includes:
- Count: This part of ICQA involves counting items in bins to make sure everything in the inventory system thinks is there has genuinely been accounted for
- Amnesty: These employees work with the robots that help Amazon’s warehouse run smoothly
- Problem Solving: This part of the ICQA department is responsible for fixing issues identified with the inventory
- Damage Land: This portion of Amazon’s facility is dedicated to all the damaged items so they can be returned to the vendor, sold at a discount, or destroyed
Are There Other ICQA Departments?
There are several smaller departments under the larger ICQA department. For example, some of the other functions in the ICQA department at certain Amazon facilities include:
- Area organization
- Loss prevention
- Vendor fraud investigation
- Bin consolidation
- Inbound support services (ISS)
What Counts Are Done By ICQA Facilities At Amazon?
ICQA employees at Amazon are responsible for a number of product counts. For example, here are some of the counts Amazon ICQA employees are responsible for:
- SRC (Simple Record Count): This count involves scanning a specified product in a bin and counting only similar items
- CC (Cycle Count): This count involves scanning each item in a bin using the scanner
- SBC (Simple Bin Count): This count includes all items in a particular bin and inputting the number in a scanner
- IRDR (Inventory Record Defect Ratio): A special type of cycle count that requires a higher level of accuracy to ensure accurate defects per million opportunities numbers.
How Do You Find Amazon ICQA Jobs?
Finding jobs in the ICQA department at Amazon only takes a few minutes of research. First, it’s essential to locate the Amazon job board, which lists all the available jobs within the company.
Then, you can narrow down your job search by entering a specific title or keyword and your location.
After entering these details, Amazon will provide you with a list of jobs, including each one’s description, qualifications, experience needed, and the necessary responsibilities.
What Do Amazon ICQA Coordinators Do?
According to Amazon’s job board, the ICQA Coordinator position includes the following responsibilities:
- Order validation
- Cycle counts
- Providing assistance to the team operations by maintaining IT inventory
- Coordinating receive, induct, and audits of assets assigned to the IT department
- Maintaining general housekeeping in the warehouse
These are only a small portion of the job responsibilities for ICQA positions at Amazon.
That said, Amazon also informs potential candidates that the job demands long hours of sitting and standing throughout the shift.
Moreover, Amazon asks that these individuals be available to work overtime if necessary. Also, Amazon’s preferred qualifications for ICQA coordinators include:
- Experience in maintaining inventory levels (receiving, storage, and auditing)
- Experience in customer service
- Experience using a Remedy type trouble ticket management system
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Being highly motivated and customer-centric
- Ability to manage several customer requests at one time
- Ability to prioritize work based on the department and production objectives
To know more, you can also read our posts on Amazon Warehouse safety policy, package departed an Amazon facility, and damaged package Amazon.
At Amazon, ICQA stands for inventory control and quality assurance.
Essentially, this department is responsible for ensuring Amazon’s warehouse is filled with quality products and not products that are damaged or have defects.
If you want to find a job in the ICQA department at Amazon, make sure you check the Amazon job board. After doing so, type in your zip code and “ICQA” to find the perfect job for you!