If you’re on a Galaxy device released within the past few years, you might have gotten notifications about raising money using the Samsung Global Goals app.
So, for anyone looking to learn more about the program before jumping into it, here’s everything you need to know!
What Is Samsung Global Goals in 2023?
Samsung Global Goals is a program that the company says is intended to raise awareness and resources like funding towards certain targets in 2023. It’s part of the Global Goals program launched by the UN in September 2015 that set forth certain goals with a 2030 deadline, focusing on issues such as hunger, climate change, and inequality.
To learn more about Samsung Global Goals, including what the targets are, how to earn money, and more, continue reading!
Is Samsung Global Goals Free?
Samsung Global Goals is free, and it actually comes preinstalled on several Galaxy devices these days.
As well, it’s available to download and install from the Galaxy Store and Google Play Store for free. You’ll only spend money in-app if you donate to the program using Samsung Pay.
How Does Samsung Global Goals Work?
Samsung Global Goals works by using two key methods to raise money for certain causes: showing ads to users and letting them make a direct donation.
For the ads, users will need to interact with them to generate revenue that should go to these causes.
For example, if you see an ad for an app while browsing Global Goals, you’ll need to click “Install” in order to convert it into revenue.
As for raising money while your phone charges, it just means that your device is going to start playing video ads while it’s plugged in.
Global Goals is an initiative that was originally from the United Nations Development Program, which Samsung joined as a partner, and the money raised should go towards the program.
According to the UN website, there are 17 goals that the program is working towards:
- No poverty
- Zero hunger
- Good health and well-being
- Quality education
- Gender equality
- Clean water and sanitation
- Affordable and clean energy
- Decent work and economic growth
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Reduced inequalities
- Sustainable cities and communities
- Responsible consumption and production
- Climate action
- Life below water
- Life on land
- Peace, justice and strong institutions
- Partnerships for the goals
How Does Samsung Make Money With Global Goals?
According to the terms and conditions of the services used in the program, Samsung shouldn’t be getting any of the money, and it should go directly to the causes.
Currently, Samsung Pay is free, and its main purpose is to get people to use Galaxy devices; its inclusion in Global Goals is an extension of this.
Global Goals itself is likely part of Samsung’s corporate social responsibility (CSR) efforts, which are standard for most companies, so we’d say the positive press is enough to justify it.
How Can I Use Samsung Global Goals?
To use Samsung Global Goals, you’ll need to open the app first, at which point you’ll see the following sections at the bottom of the screen:
- Updates – this section gives you an overview of the program, with facts, numbers, and the latest news
- Goals – from here, you can learn more about the 17 goals of the program
- Donate – this section lets you see how much money you’ve raised and allows you to select where you want it to go. Also, you can donate your own money directly from here
- Subscribe – from here, you can subscribe using your Samsung account to support the program in other ways. In older versions of the app, this section was called “Settings,” but the settings menu has been moved to the three vertical dots at the top right
Most direct activity will be in the “Donate” tab, which you can use under the following guidelines:
- “Earned by you” is the amount of money you’ve raised and are yet to donate
- “Goals supported” is the number of causes you’ve donated to
- “All-time donations” is the amount you’ve given to the program since you started participating
- You can see your own donation history in dollars for each cause
- You can see everyone’s donation history by percentage towards the final goal under each cause
- There’s a section that shows different stats, such as total all-time donations down to the penny, active donors for the month, donations made, and one-time donors
- When you scroll to the bottom of the page, the last button will be the option to see your full donation history
- There are different sections where you should see ads when they’re available
How Do I Get Rid of Global Goals on My Samsung?
You can get rid of Global Goals on your Samsung by uninstalling or disabling it just like you would any other app:
- Go to Settings
- Go to “Apps”
- Scroll until you find “Samsung Global Goals” and click on it
- Tap “Uninstall” or “Disable” depending on whether you want to remove it completely or deactivate it for a while
Samsung Global Goals is a program initially launched by the UN that the company is participating in. Some of its targets involve raising money for 17 key causes that focus on issues such as climate change, hunger, and inequality.
Users can raise funds for these causes either by watching and interacting with ads, or donating their own money directly using Samsung Pay.