Did you know Verizon is more than just a wireless provider? Verizon offers many products and services to make your life easier and more connected, including services like Verizon Hum.
If you have Verizon, you might be wondering- what is Verizon Hum and how can it benefit you as a customer? If so, continue reading to find out what I’ve learned about Hum!
What Is Verizon Hum In 2023?
Verizon Hum is a subscription service that you can add to your Verizon account to give you onboard vehicle diagnostics, real-time location information, speed alerts, and other features in 2023. It’s an all-in-one system that also has an app for you to keep your vehicle running smoothly, and provides you peace of mind while behind the wheel.
Do you want to know more details about Verizon Hum, and what features and benefits you’ll get with Verizon Hum? We’re going to tell you all you need to know below, so keep on reading!
What Does Verizon Hum Do?
Verizon Hum will keep your car running smoothly and keep you connected, as it’s an all-in-one On-Board Diagnostic system designed to monitor various aspects of your vehicle.
Verizon Hum has two different versions available that you can choose from.
Currently, Hum+ and HumX are the versions of Verizon Hum available. Hum+ is the basic package and HumX has a few additional features.
Additionally, Verizon Hum has a mobile app that gives you important details about your car, and with Hum, you’ll get features such as the following:
- Crash Response- Notifies emergency services instantly if a crash is detected
- Vehicle Diagnostics- Be notified on your mobile device about any car issues before you leave, which detects common car troubles such as a dead or low battery
- Roadside Assistance- You’ll get 24/7 roadside assistance with your mobile device, helping pinpoint your exact location
- Real-Time Vehicle Location- If you don’t remember where you’ve parked, you can get the real-time location of your vehicle to direct you quickly back to your car
- Personalized Safety Scores- You’ll be scored based on your driving habits, which include braking, speeding, accelerating, and turning hard corners
- Maintenance Reminders- You can set maintenance reminders through the app and receive alerts when you’re due for services such as an oil change or tire rotation, and can track your service records with ease using Glovebox
- Driving History- With Hum, you can get your driving history with the tap of your screen, and it will give you statistics for average speed, miles you’ve traveled, and location
- Personalized Mechanics Hotline- If you have a vehicle issue, Hum will connect you to a mechanic that’s certified to give you estimates and help you with your car troubles
- Wi-Fi- If you choose HumX, then you can get Wi-Fi to connect up to 10 devices for free, or you can add it to Hum+ for only $10 more each month
- Speed Alerts- Hum will let you know when you’re speeding or if you’ve crossed the lines on the road
- Assistance with Stolen Vehicle- If your vehicle was stolen, you can use Hum to help the police track down your car with the location information
Does Verizon Hum Cost Money?
Hum does cost money, but it’s not too expensive and you can’t put a price on peace of mind, especially if you have teenage drivers in your household. The prices are as follows:
- Hum+- If you go with the basic HumX subscription, it’s going to cost you $10 per month with the option to add Wi-Fi for an additional $10
- HumX- The premium subscription is $15 per month, and it comes with Roadside Assistance and Wi-Fi for free
Who Can Enroll in Verizon Hum?
Verizon Hum is available to all Verizon mobile customers, although to add Hum to your account, you must be the account owner or manager.
Can I Cancel Verizon Hum?
You can cancel Hum anytime you want, simply by calling the Hum Customer Service number, which is 1-(800)-711-5800.
However, if you’ve signed up for a Hum subscription, you’ll likely be charged an early termination fee, unless you’ve canceled within the first 30 days of your service.
Additionally, a cancellation email will then be sent to the email on file as part of the process.
However, if you don’t receive this email, you will need to call back to confirm the cancellation.
How Accurate is Hum by Verizon?
According to a Verizon HumX review, Hum isn’t as accurate as Verizon depicts it to be, and there are better options out there with more accurate readings, such as Mobley and Zubie.
For example, Hum doesn’t provide your Safety Score based on the OBD-II data.
Instead, it uses your phone’s GPS and accelerometer, which isn’t entirely accurate.
On the other hand, Zubie and Mobley use the internal components of the vehicle to track the engine, acceleration, and other details, which is far more accurate.
Since Hum uses your phone, you’re also going to get a less accurate location tracker, since Hum uses the Verizon LTE network instead of onboard GPS and navigation tools.
Verizon Hum is an on-board diagnostic system that’ll show you real-time information about your vehicle, including speed and location, and will alert you of maintenance your vehicle needs. Additionally, you can get 24/7 roadside assistance, support if your car was stolen, crash response, and more.