Having a baby registry is a very useful tool for expectant mothers. They can select items from their favorite brands, friends and family can choose gifts from their registry, and it overall makes the process of shopping for their new baby much easier.
To fill this need, Amazon has a baby registry and registry gift box that many new mothers have taken advantage of.
But what exactly is the Amazon Baby Welcome Box, and how does it work? If you’d like to find out, continue reading through this article to learn more.
How Does the Amazon Baby Welcome Box Work In 2022?
The Amazon Baby Welcome Box is a box of samples for mother and baby to try out for members of the Amazon Baby Registry. When parents have items from each checklist category on the registry, have made a $10 purchase from their registry, and have an Amazon Prime account, they qualify to receive the box.
If you’d like to learn more about how the baby welcome box works, how to create a registry for your baby on Amazon, and what the benefits of the baby registry are, continue reading through this article for more useful information.
How Do I Qualify for an Amazon Baby Box?
For parents to qualify for the Amazon Baby Welcome Box, they have to have the following criteria:
- They must have a baby registry on Amazon.com.
- They must have one item in their registry from each category of Amazon’s checklist.
- They must have an Amazon Prime membership.
- Someone has to have made a $10 purchase from the registry (this does not include shipping/handling fees).
If parents meet all of the above criteria, they will be able to sign up for the Baby Welcome Box. Once parents are eligible, there will be a “Claim Now” button on the left side of their registry page.
Once they click the button, the box will be automatically added to their cart.
This box will contain samples of products that the parents normally wouldn’t buy. The mix of products in each box is a surprise, and there are samples for both the mother and the baby to test out.
What Items From the Checklist Do I Need to Get my Baby Box?
In order to qualify for the Welcome Box, expecting parents need to have at least one item from each category on their checklist.
Amazon Baby Registry has 8 main categories with a drop-down menu for each subcategory. The main categories are as follows:
- Out and About
- Health & Safety
- Play & Learn
When parents have added one item from each subcategory of the main categories to their checklist (car seats, jumpers, baby bottles, etc) they will qualify for their free Welcome Box.
Does Amazon Offer the Baby Box for Free?
The Baby Welcome Box is a free gift from Amazon to reward parents for partially completing their registry selection!
Which Locations Qualify for the Amazon Baby Box?
Unfortunately, in the United States, Amazon can only ship to addresses within the continental US. Hawaii and Alaska are not qualifying locations for this gift box.
Can I Buy the Baby Box as a Gift?
Family and friends cannot purchase the Baby Welcome Box for expectant mothers.
The only person who can access the option of adding the Welcome Box to their cart is the parent who has access to the Amazon Prime account where their registry is located.
What Are the Benefits of the Amazon Baby Registry?
The Amazon baby registry includes a variety of benefits for expectant parents, in addition to the Baby Welcome Box. These benefits include the following:
Free 365 Day Returns:
- If you receive a baby gift from Amazon that you don’t like or can’t use, Amazon grants parents 365 days to return the item. They won’t notify the gift giver, and parents will receive store credit to purchase something else for their child.
- This year-long return grant only applies to gifts from the registry. If parents have purchased a product from their registry that they’d like to return, they have 90 days to complete it.
Free Two-Day Shipping:
- Prime members who have a baby registry qualify for free two day shipping for all of their orders. For parents who don’t have prime, they can still qualify for free regular shipping if their order is over $25.
- For baby products that parents can’t find on Amazon, there is a button for the Amazon Universal Registry that they can install on their web browser that enables them to add products from other websites directly to their registry.
- When Prime members with a registry have at least $25 spent from their checklist, they qualify for one free gift that they’ll receive with their most recent order.
- When customers receive or purchase $500 worth of items from their baby registry, they will receive a 20% off discount on diapers either for the baby’s first year or when they’ve purchased up to $300 worth of diapers.
How Do I Create My Baby Registry?
Creating the Amazon Baby Registry profile can be done by following these below steps:
- On the Amazon homepage, click “Registry” at the top right corner of your screen. This will lead you to the Amazon Baby Registry page.
- When you get to the main registry page, select the “Get Started” button.
- Once you click the button, you’ll be asked to fill out some personal information. Your home address, name, expected due date and shipping address are required.
- To personalize the registry page, there is an additional form you can fill out that asks for the baby’s gender, how many children you have, and it even allows you to add a nice message that family and friends will see when they go to shop on your registry account.
- Parents can then fill out the gift-giver help section, that indicates the color of the nursery, what types of baby products they need, and so on.
- Once the registry is created, parents can begin adding products to their checklist. Items can also be added from individual product pages.
- If parents want baby products in their registry that are unavailable on Amazon, they can install the Universal Registry button to their browser, where they can add their desired products.
Can I Return Gifts from my Baby Registry?
Amazon allows parents to return any gifts or purchases from their baby registry. In order to make returns, they must do the following:
- On your registry main page, select “Thank You List & Returns.”
- Once on the returns page, select the product that you’d like to return. If friends or family purchased an item that wasn’t in your registry, you can return it using Amazon’s Online Return Center.
How Do I Adjust My Registry Privacy Settings?
Amazon has a number of ways parents can adjust their baby registry profile. For adjusting privacy settings, parents can do the following:
- Parents can change their privacy settings at any time to change who can see their registry and who can purchase from it.
- In order to adjust the settings, select “Baby Registry Settings” from your main page.
- Under the option “Who Can See Your Registry,” you can choose between Private, Public or Shared.
The Amazon Baby Welcome Box is a selection of free samples that parents can receive if they meet certain qualifications on their baby registry account. Parents must have an account for their baby registry in order to qualify for any free items.
In order to receive the box, parents must be Amazon Prime Members, they must have 60% of their registry list filled out, and at least $10 worth of products must have been purchased from their registry.