Potential Costco applicants often ask about the Costco receiving clerk’s job. This job is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves working in a busy and challenging environment.
Therefore, if you want to know more about the receiving clerk’s position, including other duties and qualifications, keep reading this handy guide!
What is the Costco Receiving Clerk Position In 2023?
At Costco, the receiving clerk is an entry-level inventory processing position that provides opportunities for those who love working in fast-paced environments in 2023. Although workers may be asked to work early in the morning, late at night, or on holidays hours are flexible. As well, the pay is good, starting at $16/hr., and the benefits are great.
If you want to know more about the receiving clerk’s position, including other duties and qualifications, keep reading our handy guide!
What is the Costco Receiving Clerk Job?
When new merchandise is delivered to Costco stores, it’s processed by receiving clerks.
While processing, receiving clerks count and document the merchandise.
Afterward, the receiving clerk enters that information into the Costco computer system to help with inventory management.
What are the Requirements for the Receiving Clerk Position at Costco?
Since this is a time-consuming job, this position is perfect for a dynamic individual that wants to take on the fast-paced environment.
Likewise, receiving clerks would benefit from having experience in customer service, an outgoing personality, and handling various tasks like cashiering and inventory count.
Due to scheduling availability, work hours may include nights, weekends, and holidays.
However, flexible scheduling can be negotiated per your preference.
Additional requirements for this opening include the following:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Highschool diploma or GED
- Proficiency in written language and mathematics
- Ability to lift 50lbs regularly (and up to 100 lbs occasionally)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to coordinate with a team
- Basic computer skills
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment
- Knowledge of warehouse safety guidelines and procedures
- Ability to stand and walk for prolonged periods
What are the Daily Duties of Receiving Clerks at Costco?
At Costco, the receiving clerk’s job is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves working in a busy and challenging environment.
Daily work duties for this position can include the following:
- Handling customer transactions and helping to keep the warehouse clean
- Processing customers’ returns
- Unload incoming shipments from delivery trucks
- Receiving and organizing merchandise from vendors
- Inspect incoming deliveries for defects and damages that may have occurred during shipping
- Ensuring that inventory is tracked correctly and maintained
- Logging inventory data into the Costco database for inventory management
- Begin the return process for damaged goods
- Other duties assigned by management
How Much Does the Costco Receiving Clerk Job Pay?
An average starting paycheck for a Costco receiving clerk begins at $16.00 per hour, and the highest-paid workers can earn up to $29 per hour.
Additionally, the Costco receiving clerk job provides significant benefits such as health insurance, a 401(k), and paid vacation time.
Besides good pay and benefits, workers will also enjoy excellent opportunities for advancement.
Additionally, the Costco receiving clerk position has many other great perks, including the following:
- Work in an environment that is fast-paced and challenging
- Make your schedule
- Work with other friendly people
What Hours Do Costco Receiving Clerks Work?
Since shipments can come in at any time, receiving clerks have some flexibility in scheduling.
As referenced in the job description, clerks may be asked to work early in the morning, late at night, on weekends, and even on holidays.
How Do I Apply for the Costco Receiving Clerk Job?
Before you submit your application, you must know what the job entails. Interested applicants can find job descriptions for all positions available on the Costco website.
If you’re ready to apply, follow these steps:
- From the job description, the applicant can apply to receive clerk openings near their location by clicking on the Choose Location button at the bottom of the page.
- Next, the applicant must access the job application through the Costco applicant portal. If you have previously applied to Costco, you should have a login to access it.
- However, if you are a new applicant, you will need to set up a new profile with your email address and contact information.
- Once the applicant profile has been accessed, the applicant can complete the application.
- While filling out the application online, those applying for the position need to provide basic information such as educational background, work history, and certifications.
- When filling out the application, be sure to mention if you have previous experience working at Costco warehouses or other work experience related to this position.
After applying, Costco will contact the applicant using the email you provided in the applicant portal to schedule an interview once all other applications have been reviewed.
Is the Costco Receiving Clerk Job a Good Job?
Many believe the Costco receiving clerk position is an excellent job because it’s challenging, the hours are flexible, the pay is good, and the benefits are great.
At Costco, the receiving clerk’s job is a very hands-on position that requires a lot of lifting and carrying.
However, it’s a physically demanding job, so it’s not for those looking for an undemanding job.
Receiving clerks are essential for store inventory management. Workers count and input data from received shipments into Costco databases to ensure that all incoming products are accounted for and processed.