Thousands of people shop on Amazon every day and use reward points to earn credits and cashback, but have you been wondering: does Amazon refund reward points?
Well, continue reading below, as I’m going to tell you everything I’ve discovered while researching this important and interesting topic, and what the catch is!
Does Amazon Refund Reward Points In 2023?
Amazon does refund Reward Points, but only if you’ve applied those points to the purchase that you’ve made on Amazon and have canceled the purchase in 2023. Once you’ve canceled the purchase, you’ll get your points back similar to how you’d get refunded using other payment methods, although it could be much quicker.
Do you want to know even more about Amazon refunding rewards points, such as how long a refund takes if the item hasn’t shipped yet? If so, keep reading below to find out those answers!
How Long Does an Amazon Reward Points Refund Take?
If the item has not shipped out yet, then your points are automatically refunded within a 48-hour window.
However, in other cases, the points may take up to 30 days to review and then another 5 days to receive the refund, but it also depends on which Amazon Reward Points you’ve used.
Additionally, if you used your points to partially pay for your purchase, your points are refunded and the rest is refunded to the other payment method you chose, such as a credit card.
In contrast, if your order was placed through a Marketplace seller, the return policy of that seller will dictate when you’re likely to receive your refund.
How Do You Request an Amazon Reward Points Refund?
There are several ways that you can request a refund for your Amazon Reward Points, including the following:
- Calling Amazon Customer Service
- Through the Customer Support Portal
- Through your Amazon account online
How Do I Request an Amazon Reward Points Refund Online?
If you want to use the Amazon online website to request a refund on your Reward Points, just follow the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon website
- Log in to your Amazon account
- Go to the “Account & Lists” section of the website
- Select “Your Orders”
- Find the order you want to be refunded
- Select the “Problem with Your Order” option
- Look for the problem you feel matches
- Select “Request Refund” on the page
- Give your reason and then select “Submit”
Furthermore, using the online method could result in you seeing your Reward Points refunded the next day, or it could take 30 days.
How Do I Use the Amazon Customer Support Page to Get an Amazon Points Refund?
You can use the Amazon Customer Support page to get a refund on Reward Points using the following method:
- Go to the Amazon website and log in to your account
- Find the Menu on the left
- Select “Customer Service”
- Look under the “Browse Help Topics” section
- Select “Need More Help” from the menu
- Select “Contact Us”
- Pick the correct category on what you need help with
- Find which “Tell Us More” option fits the best
- Select the “Talk to Someone” option. This will tell you the best way to contact Customer Support, whether it’s through email, phone, or the chat option
How Do I Get Amazon Reward Points Refund Over the Phone?
If you’d like to use the Amazon Customer Service phone method to get your Reward Points refunded, you can do so quickly and easily by following the steps below:
- Call Amazon Customer Service at 1-888-280-4331
- Tell the system that you’d like to get your Amazon Reward Points refunded
- They will begin the process of refunding you and walking you through the process
However, if you have to wait in a queue, enter your mobile phone number for a call back from a representative, but make sure your mobile device is linked to your Amazon account
You’ll also have to enter the verification code you received on your phone when prompted if you had to go through the additional steps for a callback.
Does Amazon Refund Reward Points for Amazon Prime?
Amazon will refund you the Reward Points you’ve used to purchase your Amazon Prime membership if you decide to cancel your subscription.
Additionally, the refund will be sent to you automatically, so the only action you need to take is to cancel the Prime membership to get those points back into your account quickly.
To cancel your Amazon Prime membership and get your Reward Points refunded, follow the steps below:
- Sign in to the Amazon website
- Go to “Account & Lists”
- Select “Your Prime Membership”
- Select “End Membership and Benefits”
- Confirm cancellation of Prime
How Can I Check My Amazon Reward Points Refund Status?
If you’re looking to check on the progress of your refund, you can use the Amazon website to see what the current status is by following the steps below:
- Go to the Amazon website
- Sign in to your Amazon account
- Select “Returns & Orders” from the top header
- Select “View Return/Refund Status”
Additionally, you can call Amazon Customer Service to get the status of your Amazon refund by dialing 1-888-280-4331.
What Items Cannot Be Purchased Using Reward Points?
While most items can be purchased using Amazon Reward Points, and therefore, can be refunded, there are some items that you cannot purchase using the points, including:
- TD Bank Rewards purchase of Amazon Prime membership
- Amazon apps from the App Store
- Kindle eBooks
- Digital Downloads
- Pre-ordered items
- Subscribe & Save items
- Items you’ve used “Buy Now” to purchase
- Amazon Music
- Other digital content
Amazon does refund Reward Points, but it could take anywhere from 1 day to 30 days to receive the refund if you canceled the order before it shipped or are requesting a refund.
Furthermore, it will also depend on the type of points you used and if the item was shipped and sold by Amazon or a marketplace seller.
However, if you used Reward Points to purchase Prime and are canceling it, then your points will be refunded automatically.