Paypal has grown into a global payment method that allows people to buy and sell things from nearly anywhere in the world.
If it’s your preferred mode of payment, and you’re wondering if you can use it on Grubhub, read on to see what we found!
Does Grubhub Take PayPal In 2023?
Grubhub takes Paypal, but only if you use it while on the app and not the website in 2023. You can also order a Grubhub gift card directly from Paypal using your balance either as a gift for someone or for yourself. Grubhub also takes Paypal Credit because it works wherever Paypal is accepted.
Continue reading this article to learn all you need to know about using Paypal on Grubhub, including how to add it, possible reasons why it doesn’t work, and more!
How to Add Paypal to Grubhub
To add Paypal as a form of payment on your Grubhub account, follow these steps:
- Open the Grubhub app when signed in to your account
- Click on the icon at the bottom of the page that says “My Grubhub”
- Click on the gear icon on the top right corner to bring up the settings menu
- Tap “Payment”
- Click on “Add new payment”
- Select Paypal
- Follow the prompts to log in to your Paypal account and link it to Grubhub
After you’re through with this process, you won’t need to log in to your Paypal account again when making payments at checkout.
You can only use Paypal on Grubhub if you’re placing an order through the mobile app. It isn’t available on the website even if you’re using a browser on your phone.
How to Use Paypal on Grubhub
After linking your Paypal to your Grubhub account, you can pay by following these steps:
- Open the Grubhub app
- Find the restaurant you’d like to order from and add items to your bag as usual
- When you’re ready to order, proceed to checkout
- Add instructions for the restaurant if you need to at this point
- Right below the delivery instructions section, look for the payment options
- Select Paypal from the list of options and complete the order
Paypal is a widely accepted form of payment on Grubhub because it’s electronic, so restaurants aren’t as averse to it as they would be to something like cash payments.
This means that it’s available for whatever restaurant you’re ordering from on the platform.
You can also get a Grubhub gift card directly from Paypal and use it at the checkout by following most of the processes detailed above.
This gift card is usually delivered in 4 to 24 hours, and you can specify whether you want it for yourself or as a gift for someone else.
If you say it’s a gift, you’ll be asked for the recipient’s email, your name so they know who it’s from, and a personal message.
You can also schedule a date when it gets sent to them. If it’s for you, it will be sent immediately to the email address you’ve used for Paypal.
Does Grubhub Take Paypal Credit?
Grubhub takes Paypal Credit because the feature works wherever Paypal is accepted. This means that you only need to set it up on your end.
To set up Paypal Credit, follow these steps:
- Visit Paypal.com when signed in to your account
- Click on “Personal” from the top of the page
- Select “Paypal Credit” from the drop-down menu
- Select “Apply now”
- Review the terms of service when they come up, then click on “Apply now” again when you’re done
- Confirm your billing address. If it changed since you opened your account, update it, then click on “Continue”
- Input your personal information, including the last four digits of your social security number, date of birth, and phone number
- Click on “Agree and review terms”
Approval should take a few seconds while your credit score and relevant financial history is checked, using the personal information you provided.
Why Isn’t My Paypal Working on Grubhub?
If your Paypal isn’t working on Grubhub, here are some possible reasons why:
- Paypal itself is down and you should check the website to be sure
- You don’t have enough money in your account
- You haven’t confirmed your linked account (debit, credit card, etc.)
- Paypal has flagged your account for suspicious activity
- You have provided inaccurate or otherwise unacceptable information on your account
- Your account was found to be in violation of Paypal’s terms of service
For most of these errors, the problem is usually with your Paypal, so you should check your account or email for any messages requesting more info or telling you how to proceed.
What Payment Methods Does Grubhub Accept?
Aside from Paypal, Grubhub also accepts the following payment methods:
- Credit cards
- Debit cards
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
- Electronic gift cards
Like Paypal, Venmo only works on Grubhub when you’re ordering off the mobile app. Grubhub accepts cards from American Express, Discover, Visa, and Mastercard.
Grubhub takes Paypal, but only when you’re ordering from the mobile app. You can also use Paypal Credit on Grubhub because it works wherever Paypal is accepted.
You can get a Grubhub gift card directly from Paypal using your balance, either for yourself or as a gift for someone else. If it’s a gift, you’ll need to provide their email, a personal message, and schedule when it’s sent.