Prepaid cards let you make purchases and pay for them on the spot without having to worry about how to cover the costs later.
Grubhub offers an array of payment options and if you’re wondering if prepaid cards are among them, read on to find out everything you need to know!
Does Grubhub Take Prepaid Cards In 2022?
Grubhub takes prepaid cards, including debit and gift cards in 2022. To use a prepaid card, you would need to follow the usual checkout process and then add it at the last step. You can get Grubhub gift cards either electronically or physically directly from Grubhub or from major retailers. Grubhub takes prepaid cards from American Express, Visa, and Mastercard.
Keep reading to learn all you need to know about using prepaid cards on Grubhub, including how to add them, the options available and where to get them, and more!
Does Grubhub Take Prepaid Gift Cards?
Grubhub takes prepaid gift cards, both electronic and physical ones.
Grubhub gift cards work like all other kinds: you load money onto it and use the balance to make purchases on the service.
However, you can’t load more than $2,000 on Grubhub gift cards at once, even if you split it between different cards.
When you hit this limit, you’ll have to choose between reducing the amount or switching to a corporate card.
A corporate Grubhub account is intended for large groups, particularly offices, for things like staff lunches and catering for meetings.
Does Grubhub Take Prepaid Debit Cards?
Grubhub takes prepaid debit cards. According to the section on the company website about payment methods, prepaid debit cards are accepted.
While the website doesn’t mention the providers for this kind of card, it says you can use American Express, Visa, Mastercard, and Discover credit, all of whom also have debit cards.
Where to Get Grubhub Gift Cards
You can get Grubhub gift cards from the company website and load up any amount up to $2,000. Beyond this limit, you’ll need to switch to a Grubhub corporate account for bulk orders.
When buying gift cards from the Grubhub website, you have the option of getting either a physical or electronic one.
If you choose the electronic one, it’s sent to your email while a physical one will require you to enter shipping info and takes a couple of days.
Grubhub gift cards are also available from third-party sources like Amazon and Paypal. If you want to buy physical ones, you can find them at Safeway and Target.
How to Add a Prepaid Card to Grubhub
To add a prepaid card to Grubhub on the mobile app, follow these steps:
- Tap on the icon that says “My Grubhub” at the bottom of the page
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner to open the settings menu
- Select “Payment”
- Click on “Add a new payment”
- Follow the prompts for adding a new prepaid card
If you’re on the Grubhub website, whether it’s on a mobile or desktop browser, follow these steps:
- Go to Grubhub.com and sign in to your account
- Click on your mane in the top right corner if you’re on a desktop. If you’re on mobile, click the icon with your initials on the top left corner
- Click on “Account”
- Select “Payments”
- Add a new card in this section by following the prompts
After adding a card to your Grubhub account, you won’t need to enter your details every time you want to place an order.
You can redeem a gift card early and have its entire balance added to your account so you don’t need to keep using the code at checkout.
To do this, follow these steps:
- Go to Grubhub and find the settings menu
- Navigate to the section named “Gift cards” and click on it
- Right above the button that says “Buy a gift card” will be one that says “Redeem a gift card” which you should click on
- Enter the gift card code and click on “Add to my account”
How to Pay With a Prepaid Card on Grubhub
To pay with a prepaid card on Grubhub, follow these steps:
- Shop on the platform and add items to your bag as usual
- When you’re done, proceed to checkout
- Add instructions for the restaurant concerning your delivery if you want
- Below the section where you add delivery instructions, look for the payment options
- Expand the menu and select the prepaid card you want to use. If it’s a gift card, you will need to enter the code
- Finish checking out
If you redeemed the gift card using the steps described in the section above, you won’t have to enter the code and you can use it like any other card linked to your account.
What Payment Methods Does Grubhub Accept?
Aside from prepaid cards, Grubhub also accepts the following forms of payment:
- Credit cards
- Paypal (only on the mobile app)
- Venmo (only on the mobile app)
- Apple Pay
- Android Pay
Grubhub accepts prepaid cards, i.e. debit and gift cards. You will need to add them during checkout in order to use them for payment. Grubhub accepts prepaid debit cards from American Express, Discover, Visa, and Mastercard.
You can get electronic and physical Grubhub gift cards from the company website or leading online and physical retailers like Amazon and Target. You can redeem a Grubhub gift card to add it to your account balance all at once.