Companies who sell through Amazon have integrated a clever way to get rid of extra stock, and that is by making certain returned items available for re-purchasing.
But how do you buy Amazon returns, what’s the method? If you’d like to find out, continue reading through this article for more information.
How To Buy Amazon Returns In 2022
The best way to buy Amazon returns is by going through a liquidation company. These companies are B2B platforms that take in merchandise sold on Amazon from the seller so that they can liquidate their surplus inventory. Customers can search for Amazon products through these websites, and purchase returned items usually in bulk.
If you’d like to learn more about how buying Amazon return pallets works, where Amazon returns are sold, how much they cost, and more, continue reading through this article for more useful information.
Why Would I Buy Amazon Return Pallets?
There are a couple of reasons for buying Amazon return pallets. If you own or are starting a business, purchasing return pallets is a good way to build up your inventory.
Return pallets are usually sold in bulk with a large variety of different products, such as clothing, electronics, beauty products, and so on.
Additionally, you can specialize in a specific category or sell in multiple categories in order to see what your customers are mostly in the market for.
Resale businesses are becoming more and more prominent and successful, making the purchasing of Amazon returns a viable option to consider when choosing how to fill your business’s stock.
Where Do Amazon Returns Go?
When purchases are returned to Amazon, they will either go back to the Amazon warehouses or to physical stores.
When Amazon ends up with a large surplus of overstock (multiple returns of the same item, holiday specials, etc), Amazon will compile their returns into large pallets of inventory, and sell them to liquidation companies.
Once these pallets are sold to liquidation centers, customers can browse through the liquidation company websites and find Amazon products under the “Marketplaces” or “By Sellers” categories, and purchase them directly.
Where are Amazon Returns Sold?
Amazon returns are mainly sold on liquidation company websites.
There are multiple different liquidation companies that sell Amazon products. These are listed below:
- Bstock runs liquidation auctions in multiple countries. However, they only sell Amazon products to the United States and Europe.
- The condition of each pallet will vary per seller. Individual lots may vary anywhere from brand new to salvaged condition.
- Customers have to apply to each marketplace separately, as each company has its own individual criteria for approving customers.
- Shipping options and rates will also vary per seller. Some offer flat-rate or free shipping, while others calculate shipping cost for each individual pallet.
- BlueLots (U.S based only) carries some of the largest brands found in the United States, including Amazon. Unlike other liquidation companies, they don’t mark up their inventory but rather they make their profit by charging the retailers directly.
- Customers can browse their clearance without needing to make an account first. However, to view their full inventory, customers are required to register to the website.
- BlueLots also has a strict policy for sellers, requiring them to sign an agreement that they have the right to sell their pallets.
- Their shipping options include FedEx, UPS, and USPS. Shipping costs are calculated by the size and weight of each pallet and are shipped by third-party freight carriers. The shipping cost usually comes out to around $300-$400 per pallet.
- 888 Lots offers over 100,000 brand new products, including Amazon return pallets, in over 30 categories. Usually, they work with fixed prices, but customers can negotiate prices with individual sellers.
- 888 Lots requires a valid resale certificate for customers based in the US. For non-US customers, they require a valid business registration.
- They sell both small, individual Amazon pallets and large bulk pallets. There’s no minimum order, as long as customers purchase the full quantity of each pallet or SKU. There is also no maximum amount customers are allowed to spend.
- 888 Lots only sells Amazon pallets that are brand new, and include their Amazon sales rank, product images, item descriptions, condition, ASIN, and Amazon reviews rank. They also include the estimated profit for each individual item.
- They require a flat fee of $12.99 per box for shipping for lots. Other pallets’ shipping costs are calculated by size and weight. They also allow customers the option to arrange for their own shipping method.
- BULQ is a USA-based liquidation center that deals directly with its retailers and sellers, including Amazon.
- They list their new inventory about three times per day, and their prices will vary depending on each individual seller. Some are fixed, others run on a 48-hour auction.
- BULQ doesn’t require registration to browse their clearance section. However, they do require registration for making purchases. They also require resale certificates for all of their customers.
- They don’t accept returns or exchanges on their pallets or lots.
- For cases, they charge a flat shipping fee of $30. For pallets, they calculate freight shipping costs based on weight, dimension, and the distance from their warehouse to the customer’s address.
- They ship to US addresses only.
- com sells clearance lots from Amazon and other companies by truckload, pallet, and box. They sell merchandise in varying conditions and sell mainly in the apparel, electronics, houseware, industrial, vehicle, and computer categories.
- They sell by auction, and usually begin the bidding at $100. However, there are some pallets that are available for immediate purchase.
- Buyers must register to liquidation.com in order to place a bid or make a purchase.
- Wire transfer payment is required for non-US customers, or for purchases over $5,000.
- BoxFox sells their Amazon and other branded pallets by auction directly from their retailers.
- The registration is free, and users can also download the BoxFox app to keep track of live auctions.
- BoxFox will only sell Amazon overstock and not returns, as they only sell merchandise that is brand new. They set appraisal values for each product, but buyers can bid either above or below their set amount.
- They have an asking price for each lot, and any offer made higher than the asking price will automatically be accepted.
- They provide product photos, ratings, market values, etc for all of their on-sale items.
- Customers will pay for shipping as well as a 7% commission each time they purchase.
- Inventory is shipped directly from Amazon and their other retailers, therefore BoxFox cannot provide the shipping costs at the time of auction. They do however provide a means for customers to calculate shipping costs themselves.
These are the top-rated liquidation companies for Amazon products. However, a full list can be found for other similar companies through Webretailer.
How Much Do Amazon Return Pallets Cost?
Prices for Amazon return pallets will vary depending on the liquidation company they are sold from, as well as how large the pallet is. Each pallet has its own retail value, which customers can bid above or below on.
For bulk pallets, prices can range from $1,000-$6,999 depending on the quality of the merchandise and the market value.
Additionally, some pallets can be marked as high as $10,000 for their value! However, they may be sold for less depending on the number of bids that come in as well as the duration of the auction.
Are All Categories of Amazon Return Pallets Available for Resale?
The majority of Amazon products can be found for resale on liquidation websites.
However, some websites only specify in certain categories, meaning customers may have to check multiple liquidation websites to find the products they are searching for.
For example, customers could not find Amazon pallets of beauty products on Liquidation.com, but they could on sites such as 888 Lots.
The category you’ll be specializing your resale company in will depend on the amount of research you need to do to find pallets that fit your stock needs.
Is Buying Amazon Return Pallets Worth It?
Buying return pallets from Amazon is worthwhile for individuals who need to fulfill their stock needs from a reliable company.
Purchasing Amazon bulk pallets from well-rated liquidation companies guarantee your business will carry high-quality merchandise.
They are also sold for comparatively less money than bulk wholesalers will charge, due to the pallets being overstock or slightly used.
Certified sellers can purchase Amazon Return pallets by placing bids or making purchases through liquidation companies. Customers can find Amazon products by clicking the “By Vendor,” “By Seller,” or “Marketplaces” option on these websites.
Amazon pallets can cost anywhere from $1000-$10,000 depending on the marketplace, and are a cheaper option for stocking a business instead of going through traditional wholesalers.