McDonald’s is a renowned world brand of fast-food restaurants, occupying the most significant part of market segmentation in Australia.
However, to maintain the restaurant’s reputation, McDonald’s must enhance customer satisfaction by having a reliable complaint department. So, jere is everything you need to know about McDonald’s complaints in Australia!
How Does McDonald’s Australia Handle and Receive Complaints In 2023?
McDonald’s Australia has a system that allows its customers or staff to lodge complaints. This system is composed of a direct toll-free number, Emails, Customer Care Service, Social media platforms, and the company’s website contact forms in 2023. Unfortunately, review sites have awarded McDonald’s poor ratings regarding effectiveness in handling complaints.
To know more about the system on how McDonald’s Australia handles and receives complaints, the types of common complaints made against McDonald’s Australia, and much more, read on!
What Are Common Complaints Made Against McDonald’s Australia?
- Violation of Employee’s rights. A good number of McDonald’s workers have lodged complaints about sexual harassment and gender-based violence.
- Low-quality products. Some customers have complained of food poisoning, pointing at the bad food quality.
- Poor service delivery. Customers complain about getting served cold foods and some dry food against what they ordered.
- Long waits at the Drive-thru, as it take more than the estimated time of 3 min waiting period. Instead, customers take up to 10 mins or even more.
- Complex Menu. The new menu items are a burden on employees and franchisees since the menu is overloaded, causing long waits and being too expensive for the Franchisees.
- Exploitation of Young Workers; McDonald’s Australia has been accused of subjecting young employees to extra duties with long working hours against the work policy.
- Poor leadership. Some branches, such as McDonald’s Western Cape, have disappointed customers in the past due to poor leadership style.
How Can I File a Complaint to McDonald’s Australia?
For incidents in the restaurant, customers can complain of the staff to the manager.
If you don’t receive satisfactory assistance, you can contact the McDonald’s Australia head office using the Customer Service Number: (02) 9875 6666.
In the unlikely event that your complaint is not resolved after making the direct call, you can choose to make a personal visit to the customer care desk or send an email.
You can also visit the company website, click on “Contact Us,” and access an online form where you can register your complaint.
While making complaints, one should strive to be precise and straight to the matter without meandering for effective results.
What Are the Checklists When Filing a Complaint to McDonald’s Australia?
The company allows any customer to submit a formal complaint to McDonald’s Australia RTO in writing. Complaints must have the following checklists:
- Submission date of complaint
- Name of complainant
- Nature of complaint
- Date of the event which leads to the complaint
- Any other relevant information or attachments (if applicable)
Can McDonald’s Australia Collect Personal Information About Its Customers Without Consent?
McDonald’s acknowledges the trust with which you’ve shared your personal information.
How Can I Contact McDonald’s Australia?
You reach the company using the following contacts:
- Send a message to the Customer Service team
- Call the headquarters office (02)98756666
- Emails firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online form
How Can I Contact the McDonald’s Australia Regional Office?
You can use the following specific information as per region to contact the McDonald’s Australia regional office:
- Victorian Regional Office: 2 Smith St, COLLINGWOOD VIC 3066
- Phone: (03) 94185555
- Fax: (03) 94185595
- Queensland Regional Office: 1364 Gympie Road Aspley,
- BRISBANE QLD 4034
- PHONE: (07) 3838 6000
- Fax: (07) 3630 3999
- South Australian Region Office: 36 Bank St, Adelaide 5000
- Phone: (08) 82210 5100
- Fax: (08) 82105188
- Western Australian Regional Office: 18 Lyall St, Ascot WA 6104
- Phone: (08) 94755999
- Fax: (08) 94755900
What Has McDonald’s Australia Done to Safeguard Its Staff and Customer Relationships?
The Company came up with a document called Respectful Workplace Policy to enhance a positive working environment in its restaurants.
The document elaborates issues such as its application, unacceptable working behaviors, victimization, unlawful harassment, conflict resolution mechanism, and many more.
How Effective Is McDonald’s Australia in Handling Complaints?
Unfortunately, customers and workers have negatively reviewed McDonald’s Australia on the Complaints Board.
This indicates that McDonald’s Australia performs dismally in terms of service provision and resolving complaints raised against it.
The restaurant has not been rated highly on other review sites, either.
For instance, Trustpilot rates McDonald’s Australia “poor” with 2.3 stars. The results were attained after analyzing 24 reviews.
McDonald’s Australia strives to maintain its iconic nature of successfully leading in the fast-food industry by establishing various mechanisms unsatisfied customers can use to launch complaints.
The major avenues for reporting cases against the company include direct phone calls, emailing, filling the complaint forms, and social media pages (Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram).