Verizon Fios is a reliable television, internet, and phone provider, but have you been hearing beeps from your HD Voice backup battery box? Do you know how to replace a Verizon battery?
Also, do you know how to replace the Verizon battery in your phone? Well, continue reading below to find out how to replace the Verizon battery on your phone and Fios!
How Can I Replace My Verizon Battery In 2023?
If you’re placing the battery in your Verizon phone, you can have it replaced for free if it’s within the first 30 days of purchase in 2023. You also can make a claim with Asurion if you have Verizon insurance, since battery replacement is part of the insurance, although you’ll have to pay the deductible for your device.
Do you want to know more about replacing the battery, including how long the battery should last and what kind it takes? Keep reading below to find out the answers to all of your questions!
Can Verizon Replace My Phone Battery?
Verizon can replace your iPhone battery, or battery on any phone that you’ve purchased at Verizon, if you purchased the phone within 30 days.
Furthermore, if you’re within the 30-day window, you’ll need to bring all of your documentation, your receipt, and your original box to the store so that Verizon could exchange it if needed.
You can take it to a Verizon service center or authorized retailer, and an associate will perform tests on your device to ensure it’s the battery and not software causing the issues.
Also, if it is your battery that’s causing the problem, Verizon will replace the battery for free, and will keep your old battery to dispose of later.
Does Verizon Insurance Replace Phone Batteries?
Verizon insurance does replace the battery in your device, and that’s one of the covered problems on all Verizon insurance plans.
For example, if it’s past 30 days from the purchase, you’ll need to contact Asurion if you have Verizon insurance on your device, since Asurion deals with battery replacement.
You’ll have to pay the claim fee, which varies by the device you own, but it’s going to be cheaper than purchasing a new battery for your phone.
Do I Need to Replace My Verizon Fios Battery?
You don’t need to replace your Fios battery if the box is beeping, as both your Fios phone service and internet will still work without battery backup.
However, it’s a good idea to replace your Fios battery, because if your power goes out and you don’t have battery backup, you’re not going to have service, including the ability to call 911.
How Do I Stop My Verizon Battery From Beeping?
If you want to stop the Verizon battery backup from beeping, simply find the battery backup unit, look for the “Alarm” button, and then follow these steps:
- Hold the Alarm button down for 10 seconds
- Wait for the loud beeps or the lights to begin flashing
- Your battery backup unit will restart and the alarm will be cleared
- If that doesn’t work, then hold down the Alarm button and Emergency Use button at the same time for 10 seconds, and it should reboot the system to clear out the alarm
How Long Should a Verizon Fios Battery Last?
Your Verizon Fios battery should last anywhere from 2 to 4 years, but the exact time that the battery lasts will depend on the conditions in the environment, such as temperature.
What Kind of Battery Is a Verizon Fios Battery?
The Verizon Fios backup battery is a 12-volt lead-acid battery, and it’s available for purchase at almost any retail store, or you can purchase it online through retailers like Amazon.
How Much Does a Verizon Battery Cost?
If you want to replace your Verizon battery, you can expect to pay $40, although you can save a few dollars if you catch them on sale.
How Do I Replace My Verizon Battery?
If you want to replace your Verizon battery instead of just stopping the beeps, it’s easy to do if you follow these steps:
- Unplug the battery backup from the wall outlet
- Open the battery area, and remove the red and black connector cable
- Remove the battery by removing the retaining clips that keep it in place
- Disconnect the clips from your old battery, and put the old battery aside for now
- Remove the covers that are on the terminals of the new battery
- Connect the negative and positive terminals from the battery and clips to each other
- Put the new battery into the battery compartment
- Make sure the retaining clips are on top of the new battery
- Put the plug connector back into its place
- The battery should beep if it’s installed correctly, and the status light will be green
- Put your battery cover back on, and then plug the backup battery unit into the outlet
To replace the battery in your Verizon phone, you’ll need to contact Verizon to get a new battery if it’s within 30 days of purchase.
However, if it’s outside of the 30 days of purchase, you’ll need to contact Asurion if you have Verizon insurance, and battery replacement is free, except for the deductible you’ll have to pay.