T-Mobile is one of the biggest cell phone carriers in the United States and offers customers a variety of features and services, including T-Mobile Name ID.
Have you been wondering- what is T-Mobile Name ID and whether T-Mobile Name ID is free with your T-Mobile plan? Well, keep reading below as I dive into this topic and answer your questions!
What Is T-Mobile Name ID in 2023?
T-Mobile Name ID is a service and application that shows you the phone numbers and names of people calling you, even if those people aren’t in your contacts or address book. Additionally, you can identify both robocalls and telemarketers, search by a name, business, location, or phone number, and block calls and texts in 2023.
Do you want to know more about T-Mobile Name ID, such as if it’s free with T-Mobile? If so, continue reading further as I’ll tell you all you need to know about this application!
Is Name ID Free With T-Mobile?
T-Mobile Name ID is only free for customers that have T-Mobile One Plus or Magenta plans. Otherwise, it’s not free with any other postpaid plans or accounts.
Therefore, if you want Name ID, then you’re going to need to pay $4 per month per line to use the Name ID service, which is available for everyone with a T-Mobile postpaid account.
How Do I Sign up for T-Mobile Name ID?
T-Mobile Name ID is an app that you can download, both on Google Play and Apple’s App Store, by searching for “Name ID,” and the app is free to download.
However, to use the T-Mobile Name ID app, you’ll need to sign up for the service through your T-Mobile account online or through the app.
Alternatively, you can dial 611 from your T-Mobile phone to activate the Name ID on your account.
What Does T-Mobile Name ID Do?
There are several features and benefits to using T-Mobile Name ID, and it’s worth the $4 per line for most people since it will do the following:
- Block callers from your call log
- Set a number blocklist so blocked calls never come through
- Unblock callers from your call log
- Manage categories to block and send to voicemail such as telemarketers, political calls, survey calls, and more
- Identify who is calling you, including names and organization names along with phone numbers, even if they aren’t in your address book
- Reverse phone lookup search
- All of your settings are saved on the network, so when you get a new phone, all of your settings are saved
- Enable notifications to see which blocked calls left a voicemail
How to Fix T-Mobile Name ID If It’s Not Working
If you’ve noticed that the T-Mobile Name ID app isn’t working, there are several fixes that you can try, including the following:
- Perform a system update
- Restart your device
- Update the Name ID app to the latest version
- Ensure Name ID is enabled and activated on your T-Mobile account
- Remove and reinsert your SIM card
- Force-close the app and restart it
- Delete and reinstall the Name ID app
- Clear app cache and data
- Toggle Airplane mode on and off a few times
- Disconnect and reconnect to WiFi
- Connect to data and disconnect
- Ensure you’ve paid for Name ID on your T-Mobile account
- Rollback to a previous Name ID app version
- Close background apps that are running
However, there are instances where the problem is with T-Mobile and not the Name ID app or service itself, so you may want to contact T-Mobile if you continue having issues.
T-Mobile Name ID is a service that allows you to see who is calling or texting you, even if the number is not on your contacts list, and you can see the organization or company name.
Additionally, T-Mobile Name ID is free with One Plus or Magenta plans, but it’s available to all postpaid customers for $4 per month per line and requires an Android or iOS app to work.